Week 2 Assignment 1: Nonverbal Communication Analysis
· Due Saturday by 12 pm
· Points 30
· Submitting a file upload
Required Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapter 4
· Minimum of 2 scholarly sources (in addition to the textbook)
Instructions Analyze the nonverbal communication codes demonstrated in the images located on the following 5 slides by answering the following questions for each image:
1. What nonverbal messages are being sent in this image?
2. What type of nonverbal communication codes are being used to deliver the message(s)?
3. What effect does each message have on the other people in the image?
4. What nonverbal communication skills and strategies could be used to communicate effectively in this situation?
Incorporate outside sources and terminology from the textbook in your responses. Make sure to identify the slide number you are addressing.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including references page)
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font
· References page (minimum of 2 scholarly sources)
Grading This activity will be graded based on the W2 Nonverbal Communication Analysis Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 4, 7
Due Date: By 12 p.m. EST on Saturday