Strategies for Health Promotion
Riegelman, R. K. (2015). Public health 101: Healthy people–healthy populations (2nd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
Instructions: Please ensure to substantiate your response with scholarly sources or a personal account of your own experience in the work place. Cite and reference work! Must be 150 to 175 word count.
1. As you read this doc, what do you believe will be the most impactful changes in healthcare in the next couple of years?? Thoughts on this doc entirely? See attached WK Overview5
2. Read and Discuss in 200 words the “Cases and Discussion Questions” from the chapters in Sections I-IV of Public Health 101: Health People- Healthy Populations (2nd ed.).
3. Please highlight two things you found most interesting about Chapter 14. See Chapter 14 attached
4. Explore and discuss the national health initiatives, strategies, and action plans page on the CDC website.
5. Read the “Trends in Global Health and CDC’s International Role, 1961–2011” article located on the CDC site
6. Read and discuss the article “CDC Looks Ahead: 13 Public Health Issues in 2013.”
7. Explore the global health section on the CDC website. http://www.cdc.gov/globalhealth/index.html
Identify lessons for the future that can be learned from past public health experiences. What changes would you recommend to improve the outcomes?
9. Write a 280-word paper in which you: The Big Picture
· Identify future trends in public health.
Include at least 2 references.
Format your summary according to APA guidelines.
10. For the next newsletter, you have been asked to write a 900 word article about the spectrum of health care facilities. In your article:
· Analyze the spectrum of health care facilities that exist in the U.S.
· Analyze how the different types of facilities work together.
· Analyze who is responsible for the oversight of the facilities.
· Analyze the similarities and differences of the health care facilities.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Cite 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your paper