Textbook : Niles, N. J. (2014). Basics of the US health care system (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Shi, L., & Singh, D.A. (2015) Delivering health care in America: A systems approach (6th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Instructions: Please ensure to substantiate your response with scholarly sources and/or also a personal account of your own experience in the work place or personal life. Cite and reference work! QUESTIONS 1 – 12 USE TEXBOOK ABOVE & FOR QUESTIONS 1,2 & 3 PLEASE SEE ATTACHED DOCUMENT.
1. Read Chapter 4 Government’s Role in U.S. Health Care and discuss what you found the most or least interesting. See Chapter 4 attached. Must be 200 word count.
1. Read Chapter 5 Public Health’s Role in Health Care and discuss what you found the most or least interesting. See Chapter 5 attached. Must be 200 word count.
1. Read Chapter 6 Inpatient and Outpatient Services and discuss what you found the most or least interesting. See Chapter 6 attached. Must be 200 word count.
1. The basic feature characterizes it as a patchwork of subsystems. Health care is delivered through public and private financing. No country has the perfect system. Understanding how the health care delivery system works can help maintain a strategic position within the macro environment of the health care system. The framework provides an organized approach to an understanding of the various components of the United States health care delivery system. What reactions do you have to the ideas they presented? Include examples from the course readings or your own experience to support your perspective, and raise questions to continue the dialogue. 100 to 150 words
1. What overall affect has “managed care” had on our nation’s health care industry? What are some of the positive and negative aspects of its influence on our health care industry? Must be 200 word count.
1. Glenn said: Managed care combines the delivery of health care and financing, which most every insurance coverage option does to control costs. Managed care took off during the ’90s and changed the health care industry ever since. Managed care helped the insurance companies pump the brakes on spending in several ways, some of them are positive steps and others are negative. For example, Most managed care plans limits the providers that a customer can see, these providers are within the plans “network” of providers. The providers within the network are tightly regulated by the organization. Meaning that treatments that providers recommend for customers would need to be reviewed by the organization before the provider would be reimbursed for the care given. They do this by asking the provider to answer questions such as: What is the diagnosis, how did you come to make this diagnosis, what is the recommended plan of treatment, why that treatment? This in many ways is good for the customer, because it acts as a buffer or a second check on the diagnosis and treatment recommendation. Unfortunately it also acts as a negative, because as health organizations try to limit spending, they tighten their regulation on the provider, limiting the level of treatments they might recommend. Providers are then forced to limit the overall care they might normally provide for fear that they might no be reimbursed by the organization, or become excluded from the network. What reactions do you have to the ideas they presented? Include examples from the course readings or your own experience to support your perspective, and raise questions to continue the dialogue. 100 to 150 words only!
1. To what extent is collaboration among health care service delivery components necessary for continuity of care? What would collaboration look like? Must be 200 words!
1. On the issue and the continuity of care can be said to start from the conception of a person all the way through to their death. Services such as ambulatory care, acute care and long-term care is usually the stages a person goes through in the healthcare system. They usually will see their physician in a primary care setting and every once in a while will be seen in the ER for some emergency case and lastly, some folks in their elder years obtain home health care, assisted living or are admitted to a nursing home. Some unfortunately, young or old, can end up in hospice care to live out the remaining part of their life in dignity. Also, the continuity of care is also described as the consistency between the physician and the patient to ensure there is good communication between the physician and the patient in every phase of the patient’s life. Helping in this continuity of care is the physician having comprehensive information on their patients, assurance of kept follow-up appointments by their patients and a seamless transition from one health setting to another. It certainly is important that the physician and the rest of the staff gains the patient’s trust and that comes about by always ensuring the continuity of care is always being maintained and monitored. What reactions do you have to the ideas they presented? Include examples from the course readings or your own experience to support your perspective, and raise questions to continue the dialogue. 100 to 150 words only!
1. View the “Definition: Continuum of Care” handout provided by HIMSS and discuss your thoughts in 100- 150 words. http://s3.amazonaws.com/rdcms-himss/files/production/public/2014-05-14-DefinitionContinuumofCare.pdf
1. Explore the Managed Care and discuss your thoughts in 100 – 150 words. https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/managedcare.html
1. There are several factors that can influence the access to and usage of health care.
Write a 350- to 700-word paper that discusses the factors and their effect on health care usage.
Address the following in your paper:
· Identify one or two health factors that influence the usage of health care.
· Explain the impact the factor or factors have on health care access.
· Explain how a lack of or delayed access to health care has an impact on an individual’s health status.
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed or scholarly reference and your textbook to support your information.
Must format your paper according to APA guidelines. Your paper must include an introduction, conclusion, and a reference page.
1. As you learn about the different health care services, it is important to understand the differences and similarities
between each. Complete the Health Care Services worksheet
Complete the diagram below. Select four health care services such as primary care, mental health, rehabilitation services, acute care, military and veteran services, or Indian health services. Write two sentences comparing the differences (place in the assigned box outside the circle) and similarities (place assigned box inside the circle) between each of the services selected.
Cite your sources below. References
H 475: Leadership and Performance Development
Texbook: Ledlow, G. R., & Coppola, M. N. (2014). Leadership for Health Professionals (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
QUESTIONS 13 – 23 USE TEXBOOK ABOVE & FOR QUESTIONS 13, 14, 15 & 16 PLEASE SEE ATTACHED DOCUMENT. Must be 200 words
1. Read Chapter 5 Leadership Competence I and discuss what you found the most or least interesting. See Chapter 5 attached.
1. Read Chapter 7 Leadership Assessment and Research and discuss what you found the most or least interesting. See Chapter 7 attached.
1. Read Chapter 9 Leadership and The Complex Health Organization and discuss what you found the most or least interesting. See Chapter 9 attached.
1. Read Chapter 13 Complexity, Speed and Change and discuss what you found the most or least interesting. See Chapter 13 attached.
1. What are a few techniques managers can use to improve the attitudes of a staff member whose morale is low? Have you seen these same techniques implemented successfully? What were some of the keys to successful implementation? If they were unsuccessful, what would you recommended they do differently?
1. Recognition is an important way for managers to increase morale. At our hospital we have a Shining Star Award every month so we have the employees vote on someone who is performing the best job for the hospital and promoting good morale. We have a monthly party with cake and punch and I present the award. At the end of the year we have a dinner for all the Shining Stars and one is announced as the Employee of the Year, one is named the Manager of the Year and we have several other awards but they are all from the Shining Star employees. How important is it to have a recognition program for your hospital employees? 100- 150 words
1. One of the best methods of getting someone or a group to have increased morale is to promote a team atmosphere so everyone works together or the individual works with the manager to be a team. As a leader I try to always have the same attitude everyday so the employees do not have to worry who I am or what type of mood I am in. It is important that employees come to work and do not have to worry about their jobs or walk on egg shells. Class how important is it for employees to go to work and feel comfortable about performing their job and have a good positive work atmosphere? 100- 150 words
1. How could a manager help others overcome their fears and uncertainties of upcoming change? 200 words.
1. No one likes change and whether they want to admit it or not change is upsetting to everyone. A way that a manager could help others overcome their fears about change is by communicating with those involved as to why the change is or needs to take place as well as how it will affect them. The manager needs to explain in great detail and as soon as possible. By helping others understand what is changing and why, it will help them overcome the uncertainties and fears of the upcoming changes. For example, I had a supervisor that would wait until the last minute to inform the team of any changes needing to take place in our working environment. He would be aware of the upcoming changes weeks sometimes months in advance and wouldn’t inform us until a few days prior to the change. Of course everyone disliked him for it because had he told us when he found out we would not have had to jump through hoops to make the mission happen in the time that was set. When asked why he waited so long to inform everyone he replied “that he didn’t want to hear us fuss about the impending changes until it was set in stone that the change was taking place”. What reactions do you have to the ideas they presented? Include examples from the course readings or your own experience to support your perspective, and raise questions to continue the dialogue. 100 to 150 words only!
1. Provide an example of a time when management presented you with an organizational or procedural change. What steps did management take to implement and communicate the change? What was the impact of that change on employee morale and production? If you had been the management, what would you have done differently in that scenario? 200 words
1. Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that addresses the following:
· What is the manager’s role and responsibility in implementing change in the department?
· How should a manager successfully handle staff resistance to change?
· Define each step of the change process: assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Cite a minimum of 4 references. Must format your paper according to APA guidelines. Your paper must include an introduction, conclusion, and a reference page.