1. Given that atomic radius is 0.143 nm and crystal structure BCC, calculate the APF. Show all works step by step
2. Given that atomic radius is 0.143 nm and crystal structure CPH, calculate the APF. Show all works step by step.
3. Why single unit cell of material (or single grain) is anisotropy but bulk material is isotropy. Explain
4. Describe main differences between ionic and covalent bonding. Give specific examples of materials that demonstrate these types of bonds.
5. Research and describe different types of selective laser sintering technologies for polymer and metal.
6. Research and describe metal power injection molding technology and process.
7. You are asked to design a fuel-saving cooking pan with the goal of wasting as little heat as possible while cooking. What objective would you choose, and what constraints would you think must be met?
8. A volume fraction f = 0.2 of silicon carbide (SiC) particles is combined with an aluminum matrix to make a metal matrix composite. The modulus and density of the two materials are listed below. Determine density and modulus of hybrid material.
Aluminum: Density: 2.70 Mg/m3, Modulus: 70 GPa
9. Use CES EduPack Level 2 to find top three materials for disposable cutlery (single use fork, knife and spoon). Follow 4 step selection strategy and document properly
10. Use CES EduPack Level 2 to find top three materials for disposable coffee lid. Follow 4 step selection strategy and document properly.