Diversity Areas -Race
Now that you have selected your area of diverse concentration, you are now tasked with designing a plan to aid your selected group in one of the following countries: China
The new organizational strategic initiative is to expand into the selected country. The executive leadership team has asked you for a report on the diversity area (RACE) and the country (CHINA). 2/3 page report. 2 references APA format. The report should address the following questions:
Introduction included diversity area or country selected using clear examples.
What are some of the challenges your diversity area would face in the country culture you selected if a comparison is made with the United States? (2 examples)
Are there any ethical or legal implications that protect your diversity area in the selected country? (2 examples)
Discuss some techniques that, as the manager, you would use in order to ensure an inclusive work culture.(2 examples)
Conclusion summarized the findings of the diverse group and country selection using clear examples.
The Course Outcome covered this week is CO1.
CO1: Identify theories, concepts, and beliefs related to transcultural nursing. (PO1)
Chapter 1 of Andrews and Boyle (2016) discusses Leininger’s Sunrise Model of transcultural nursing. However, other models are described and are important to acknowledge, as well.
- Research the wonderful scholarly resources available to you in the Chamberlain Library. Select a Transcultural Nursing Model/Theory.
- Briefly explain the model/theory in your own words so your classmates will understand the general premises of the model/theory.
- Then, explain how you would be able to apply the model in your practice setting.
Readings: Andrews, M. M., & Boyle, J. S. (2016). Transcultural concepts in nursing care (7th ed.). Philadelphia: PA. Wolters Kluwer.
- Chapter 1: Theoretical Foundations of Transcultural Nursing
- Chapter 2: Culturally Competent Nursing Care