Module 1 – Case
HEALTH, CULTURE, AND IDENTITY
For this assignment, you will learn about Lanesha Johnson, whose case story is available athttp://support.mchtraining.net/national_ccce/case1/home.html
Listen to the Lecture and review the Learning Activity #1
Write a paper that addresses the following:
- From a cultural perspective, is it unusual that Grandmother Marietta is the primary caregiver?
- Discuss the ways in which Lanesha, Grandma Marietta, and Hannah Healthcare approach this situation from totally different perspectives.
- How does Lanesha’s temperament affect the situation?
- What responsibilities do health care providers have in this situation?
Length: 2-3 pages, excluding the cover page and the reference list.
Assessment and Grading: Your paper will be assessed based on the performance assessment rubric. You can view it under Assessments at the top of the page. Review it before you begin working on the assignment. Your work should also follow these Assignment Expectations.
Combining Nurse Leader With Advocacy
Rate yourself using the results from the “Nurse Manager Skills Inventory”:
Write a reflection of 750‐1,000 words in which you identify your strengths and weaknesses related to the four content areas below:
- Personal and professional accountability
- Career planning
- Personal journey disciplines
- Reflective practice reference behaviors/tenets
Discuss how you will use your current leadership skill set to advocate for change in your workplace.
Identify one personal goal for your leadership growth and discuss your implementation plan to achieve that goal.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in‐text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.