- Explore the National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR) website: http://www.ninr.nih.gov/ Review their publication Bringing science to life: NINR strategic plan (2011, p. 7) to identify the current priorities for nursing research. Do you agree with the priorities or would you recommend addition or elimination of some of the priorities? What effect do the nursing research priorities have on nursing researchers?
- What criteria must be met in order to consider a practice, evidence-based? Provide examples. Explain the role quality plays in evidence-based practice?
- Based on the information you’ve learned to this point, write a research proposal that relates to the topics you chose for a previous assignment. Be sure to include the following information in your proposal:
- Design model
- Anticipated results
- Potential Dissemination Avenues
The assignment should be between 1500 and 2000 words in length and contain at least two scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook and provided material. Please submit your assignment in one APA formatted document.
Tappen, R. (2016). Advanced nursing research: From theory to practice (2nd ed). Burlington, MA. Jones and Bartlett Publishing.
Using resources such as the CDC, state and county health department websites, and various local resources, identify an opportunity for improved health behavior in an individual client. Your paper should be 1 – 2 pages in length in addition to the cover page and reference page. You should use a minimum of three references to support your work.
Be sure to cover the following:
- Identify an opportunity to for improved health behavior in an individualized client.
- Identify short and long term goals for the achievement of the overall health goal.
- Using Healthy People 2020, identify which problem you are working on improving.
- Recognize local resources to aid in the resolution of the identified problem.
- Assist in the evaluation in the response to interventions.