57. Which of the following modifiers would be assigned for a moribund patient?
58. Taking certain steps to protect PHI from being accidentally released to individuals who don’t need to know the information is called the
A. minimum necessary standard.
B. information provision standard.
C. privacy management statute.
D. health information guardianship guideline.
59. Codes for plastic repair of the perineum are found in which code range?
60. A coder overhears a confidential statement made outside of the court, and then, when called to testify, repeats the statement as being truth. This is an example of
C. a direct quote.
61. A nurse sustains an accidental needle pinprick to the right third finger while administering an injection. If an employee has an occupational exposure, what must happen?
A. An in-service meeting should be held for all employees who may potentially be exposed to the same occupational hazard.
B. The employee should contact the proper authorities.
C. Hospital administrators must maintain the nurse’s medical record for the remainder of her employment plus an additional 30 years.
D. The guidelines for OSHA should be included in the employment file.
62. Another name for third-party contractors who have access to medical information is
A. healthcare vendors.
B. insurance administrators.
C. covered entities.
D. business associates.
63. A patient receives two venous pressure clamps for hemodialysis. What HCPCS Level II code is assigned?
B. A4918 × 2
C. A4751 × 2
64. The anatomical location of the calyx is the
65. A patient comes to the clinic complaining of ongoing headaches. The headaches began one week prior and have persisted ever since. A lumbar spinal tap is performed to pinpoint the source of the patient’s headaches. What CPT and ICD-10-CM codes are assigned?
A. 62270, G74.3
B. 62270, G44.1
C. 62141, G46.8
D. 62272, G46.9
66. A coder assigns a HCPCS Level II code to a patient’s medical record. The code description reads as follows: Enteral feeding supply kit; syringe fed, per day, includes but not limited to feeding/flushing syringe, administration set tubing, dressings, tape. Based on this description, which HCPCS Level II code was assigned?
67. To conform to the HIPAA Privacy Rule, which of the following safeguards must be maintained in health care facilities?
A. ICD-7 provisional safeguards
B. Immunization and injection safeguards
C. Reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards
D. Hazardous waste protection safeguards
68. A patient receives a blood glucose monitor. What HCPCS Level II code would be assigned?
69. Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) allows
A. lawyer-to-lawyer mediation during trial recess.
B. mediating disputes with a judge in the presence of the bailiff.
C. resolving medical malpractice suits by submitting pretrial depositions.
D. litigants to resolve disputes prior to or after the start of litigation.