Examine the importance of professional associations in nursing. Choose a professional nursing organization that relates to your specialty area, or a specialty area in which you are interested. In 1,250 word paper, provide a detailed overview the organization and its advantages for members. Include the following:
- Describe the organization and its significance to nurses in the specialty area. Include its purpose, mission, and vision. Describe the overall benefits, or “perks,” of being a member.
- Explain why it is important for a nurse in this specialty field to network. Discuss how this organization creates networking opportunities for nurses.
- Discuss how the organization keeps its members informed of health care changes and changes to practice that affect the specialty area.
- Discuss opportunities for continuing education and professional development.
NO PLAGIARISM :Prepare this assignment according to APA style with a maximum of 1250 words with 5 References.
A. Research and define the following terms as they relate to the legal and medical ethics presented in the story My Sister’s Keeper. These are the central issues needed to base a medical opinion about any case in court. (12 points)
B. Using these as 6 criterion, describe how each of these characteristics related back to the legal arguments and behaviors exhibited by the prosecuting and defense attorneys in this case. (12 points)
C. Then, in two to three paragraphs, describe the moral, practical, and emotional complication of putting one child in unnecessary pain and danger for the well-being of another? (6 points)
A. Research the two following topics and write a one page summary of your findings for the two scenarios: (5 points each)
1. Stem cell research for reproduction of a designer child whose sole purpose is to be a donor to a sick child.
2. Parents who decide, for religious and moral issues, to preserve umbilical cords for use in the future to potentially save a life.
B. Write a one page summary for the questions asked below. (10 points)
1. What are the moral and ethical implications of this genetic selection?
2. What conclusions have you reached about such medical technology?