11. A 17-year-old patient is diagnosed with a severe form of nutritional anemia. What ICD-10-CM code should be assigned?
A. D45.9 B. D53.9 C. D74.9 D. D65.9
12. A 32-year-old patient receives anesthesia for spinal surgery. The anesthesia is complicated by utilization of controlled hypotension. What add-on anesthesia code would be assigned?
A. 99174 B. 92117 C. 99100 D. 99135
13. Nursing facility discharge day management of 19.5 minutes would be assigned to code
A. 99317. B. 99319. C. 99316. D. 99315.
14. A patient is admitted to the hospital for leukemia. She has a comprehensive history, comprehensive examination, and medical decision making of high complexity. What CPT code should be assigned?
A. 99202 B. 99223 C. 99213 D. 99251
15. A service that is rarely provided, unusual, variable, or new may require a
A. physician’s authorization. B. patient’s authorization. C. staged or related procedure. D. special report.
16. A new patient is seen for a prescription refill. During the visit, the physician obtains a problem focused history, problem focused examination, and medical decision making is straightforward. What CPT code should be assigned for this service?
A. 99214 B. 99215 C. 99213 D. 99201
17. A 7-year-old child is brought to the clinic due to recurrent ear infections. The physician performs a bilateral tympanostomy under general anesthesia. What CPT code should be assigned?
A. 69436-50 B. 69536-50 C. 69426-50 D. 69736-50
18. Code 00906 is assigned for
A. an angioscopy. B. anesthesia for surgery performed on the bony pelvis. C. an osteotomy. D. anesthesia provided for a vulvectomy.
19. A 25-year-old patient receives a Hepatitis A vaccination. The vaccine is administered intramuscularly in the clinic. What CPT codes should be assigned?
A. 90632, 90471 B. 90541, 90489 C. 90637, 90472 D. 90672, 90451
20. A dark adaptation examination with interpretation and report is assigned to code
A. 92326. B. 92284. C. 92287. D. 92325.