94. A patient comes to the clinic complaining of ongoing headaches. The headaches began one week prior and have persisted ever since. A lumbar spinal tap is performed to pinpoint the source of the patient’s headaches. What CPT and ICD-10-CM codes are assigned?
A. 62270, G44.1 B. 62270, G74.3 C. 62141, G46.8 D. 62272, G46.9
95. What code would be assigned for a tube pericardiostomy?
A. 33210 B. 33026 C. 33015 D. 33050
96. What is the code description for 65101-LT?
A. Removal of ocular implant performed laterally B. Fine needle aspiration of orbital contents on the left third of the orbit C. Biopsy of cornea performed on the lower third of the cornea D. Enucleation of eye, without implant, performed on the left side of the body
97. Another name for diazepam is
A. Flexeril. B. Valium. C. Norflex. D. Myolastan.
98. The gatekeeper concept refers to the operation of
A. prospective payment organizations. B. retrospective payment organizations. C. ambulatory payment surgery centers. D. health maintenance organizations.
99. The CPT code for thrombolysis is
A. 93000. B. 92975. C. 92920. D. 93797.
100. According to HIPAA, a patient’s information may be released for
A. paternity testing. B. research. C. determining premiums based on a patient’s past medical history. D. transferring electronic medical records to remote locations.
101. Which of the following statements is true of the Affordable Care Act?
A. It includes a provision for military service members who served in Afghanistan. B. It requires health care facilities to maintain health records for at least 10 years. C. It makes it mandatory for patients to carry health insurance. D. It offers parents supplementary coverage for dependents with chronic illness
102. A patient is seen in the physician’s office after the results of an earlier mammogram demonstrated microcalcification in the right breast as well as a breast lesion. The lesion is excised using needle localization. The patient’s final diagnosis is fibrosclerosis of the right breast. What CPT and ICD-10-CM codes are assigned?
A. 19120-RT, L10.11 B. 19125-RT, N60.31 C. 19126-LT, M25.1 D. 19123-RT, H16.11
103. A coder would assign a Q code as a temporary code for
A. holistic treatments for spinal procedures. B. durable medical equipment only. C. procedures or services only. D. procedures, services, and supplies
104. Which of the following forms is used to bill outpatient charges?
A. HCFA-1350 or CMS-650 B. HCFA-1400 or CMS-1540 C. AMA-14 or UCF-1250 D. CMS-1500 or UCF-1500.
105. During a routine examination, a patient indicates that she is taking an antihypertensive medication that causes her kidneys to excrete more urine. These antihypertensive medications are called
A. calcium-channel blockers. B. anticoagulants. C. beta blockers. D. diuretics.
106. A patient comes to the emergency room complaining of postnasal drip, frequent nosebleeds, headaches, and difficulty breathing. She is diagnosed with a deviated nasal septum, hypertrophy of the turbinate, and inflammation of the ethmoid sinuses. The physician performs an endoscopic ethmoidectomy of the left nasal sinus, septoplasty, and turbinate excision. What ICD-10-CM and CPT codes are assigned?
A. 31255, 30520, 30130, J34.2, J34.3, J32.2 B. 31255-LT, 30520-51, 30130-51, J34.2, J34.3, J32.2 C. 31230, 30520, J34.2, J34.3, J32.2 D. 31230-51, 30520-LT, J34.2
107. A physician is analyzing specific organs in a particular region of the patient’s body. In her notes, she refers to the transverse or cross-sectional plane, which divides the body
A. inferiorly. B. vertically. C. horizontally. D. bilaterally.
108. A patient comes to the emergency room after having dinner at a restaurant, where she began to experience chest tightness during the meal. She is seen for a cardiology consultation in the outpatient setting for a diagnosis of chest tightness. Which CPT and ICD-10-CM codes would be assigned?
A. 99245, R07.89 B. 99244, R07.59 C. 99242, R17.52 D. 99243, R25.96
109. Providers that receive reimbursement after health care services have been provided are being compensated under the _______ system.
A. prospective payment B. retrospective payment C. capitation D. UCR