Discussion: Developing a Culture of Evidence-Based Practice
As your EBP skills grow, you may be called upon to share your expertise with others. While EBP practice is often conducted with unique outcomes in mind, EBP practitioners who share their results can both add to the general body of knowledge and serve as an advocate for the application of EBP.
In this Discussion, you will explore strategies for disseminating EBP within your organization, community, or industry.
· Review the Resources and reflect on the various strategies presented throughout the course that may be helpful in disseminating effective and widely cited EBP.
o This may include: unit-level or organizational-level presentations, poster presentations, and podium presentations at organizational, local, regional, state, and national levels, as well as publication in peer-reviewed journals.
· Reflect on which type of dissemination strategy you might use to communicate EBP.
Post at least two dissemination strategies you would be most inclined to use and explain why. Explain which dissemination strategies you would be least inclined to use and explain why. Identify at least two barriers you might encounter when using the dissemination strategies you are most inclined to use. Be specific and provide examples. Explain how you might overcome the barriers you identified.
The purpose of the Course Project is to give the student the opportunity to apply concepts in transcultural nursing by conducting a transcultural nursing assessment and reflection on completion of the Course Project. The purpose of Milestone 3 is to perform an assessment and reflect on learning related to the Course Project (3 Milestones). You will complete a template reflecting on concepts of transcultural nursing related to the assessment and reflect on learning.
The completion of the Course Project enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Identify theories, concepts, and beliefs related to transcultural nursing. (PO1)
CO2: Communicate effectively with culturally diverse individuals, families, and organizations. (PO3)
The entire project is worth 600 points. Milestone 3 is worth 300 points of this total.
You are to submit your completed NR394 Milestone 3 by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, at the end of Week 6.
Requirements and Guidelines
1. Review the Course Outcomes for this assignment, which are listed above.
2. Schedule a time to meet with the individual to conduct a face-to-face assessment. You may not conduct the assessment by phone call, e-mail, or by asking the individual to fill in the template. You must be able to understand your individual. An interpreter is not allowed.
3. Do not perform the assessment prior to Week 6 in order to receive feedback from your instructor regarding Milestone 2. This will allow you time to make adjustments in your questions if needed. If the individual’s schedule requires that you perform the assessment prior to Week 6, consult with your instructor regarding early submission of Milestone 2 to ensure that you receive timely feedback before the assessment occurs.
4. Perform the assessment in a professional manner using the preapproved questions (Milestone 2).
5. Once you have completed the Assessment and Reflections template (Links to an external site.), click Save as, and save the file with assignment name and your last name (e.g., NR394_Milestone3_Smith). Submit to assignment page by 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 6 by 11:59 p.m. MT.
6. Contact your instructor if you have any questions.
**Academic Integrity Reminder**
College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.
Please see the grading criteria and rubrics (Links to an external site.) on this page.
Note: Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.