7. Phillamone Berry has a car loan with a company that refunds interest using the rule of 78 when loans are paid in full ahead of schedule. He is using an employee bonus to pay off his Traverse, which is on a 42-month loan. The total interest for the loan is $2,397, and he has 15 more payments to make. How much finance charge will he get credit for if he pays the loan in full immediately?
8. Dwayne Moody purchased a four-wheel drive vehicle and is using severance pay from his current job to pay off the vehicle loan before moving to his new job. The total interest on the 36-month loan is $3,227. How much finance charge refund will he receive if he pays the loan in full with 10 more payments left?
3. A credit card has an average daily balance of $2,817.48 and the monthly periodic rate is 1.325%. What is the finance charge for the month?
4. What is the finance charge on a credit card account that has an average daily balance of $5,826.42 and the monthly interest rate is 1.55%?
- Estimate a model with voteA as the dependent variable and prtystrA , democA, log( expendA ), and log( expendB ) as independent variables. Obtain the OLS re-
siduals, u ˆ i , and regress these on all of the independent variables. Explain why you obtain R 2 5 0.
- Now, compute the Breusch-Pagan test for heteroskedasticity. Use the Fstatistic version and report the p -value.
- Compute the special case of the White test for heteroskedasticity, again using the
F statistic form. How strong is the evidence for heteroskedasticity now?