1. The test statistics for one-way ANOVA follows the
|[removed]||Student ‘s t-distribution.|
2. Consider this partially completed one-way ANOVA table:
How many different populations are being considered in this analysis?
3. The following regression output was generated based on a sample of utility customers. The dependent variable was the dollar amount of the monthly bill and the independent variable was the size of the house in square feet.
Based on this regression output, what is the 95 percent confidence interval estimate for the population regression slope coefficient?
|[removed]||Approximately -0.0003 —– +0.0103|
|[removed]||About -0.0082 —– +0.0188|
|[removed]||Approximately -32.76 —– +32.79|
|[removed]||None of the above|
4. The sum of squares ________ measures the variation between the block means and the grand mean of the data in randomized block ANOVA.
5. Consider this partially completed one-way ANOVA table:
Fill in the ANOVA table with the missing values.
|[removed]||Between Samples df = 6, MSB = 290.833, F-ratio = 14.667, SSW = 4,759, MSW = 19.829|
|[removed]||Between Samples df = 6, MSB = 290.833, F-ratio = 7.948, SSW = 4,759, MSW = 19.829|
|[removed]||Between Samples df = 5, MSB = 290.833, F-ratio = 14.667, SSW = 4,759, MSW = 19.829|
|[removed]||Between Samples df = 5, MSB = 290.833, F-ratio = 7.948, SSW = 4,759, MSW = 19.829|
6. You decide to predict gasoline prices in different cities and towns in the United States for your term project. Your dependent variable is price of gasoline per gallon and your explanatory variables are per capita income, the number of firms that manufacture automobile parts in and around the city, the number of new business starts in the last year, population density of the city, percentage of local taxes on gasoline, and the number of people using public transportation. You collected data of 32 cities and obtained a regression sum of squares SSR= 122.8821. Your computed value of standard error of the estimate is 1.9549. What is the value of the coefficient of multiple determination?
7. The ________ is another term for the variance of the sample data.
|[removed]||mean square total|
|[removed]||mean square between|
|[removed]||mean square within|
|[removed]||total sum of squares|