Part 1: Pre-assessment and Implementation
Follow these steps for this week’s field experience:
- From your previous observation in your field experience classroom, you identified 3-5 students, above, at, or below standard achievement in the classroom environment that would benefit from additional learning support. You also identified the standards and unit that your mentor class is currently learning.
- With this information, complete the “Math Pre-Assessment” where you develop a pre-assessment in the math content area that aligns to the standards and unit that your mentor teacher shared with you during Clinical Field Experience A. This pre-assessment can be oral, written, or completed through technology. The pre-assessment should identify ho well selected students know the concept and provide data that would allow you to determine learning gaps and needs in order to develop an appropriate lesson to support learning needs.
- Share the pre-assessment with your mentor teacher and ask for his or her feedback.
- Administer the pre-assessment that you created with the selected group of students and use the data to prepare for Clinical Field Experience C.
Part 2: Reflection
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect on your field experience and the steps you took to identify students for the pre-assessment. Consider:
- How did the pre-assessment provide data to determine the learning gaps and needs of students?
- What challenges did you face when developing and delivering the pre-assessment?
- Explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.