eek 4 Assignment
The application assessment consists of five short answer questions. All work must be neat, detailed and clearly labeled. Final answers should be identified by either circling or underlining. Submit your work to the appropriate drop box as a Microsoft Word or PDF document.
1. Using the following pie chart determine:
a. The percent of households not associated with renting.
b. Assume that the pie chart is associated with 1,000 households. How many households would own a home?
2. The following are your weekly expenses for food items for the past 5 weeks:
$119.62, $122.20, $193.40, $102.05 and $299.20.
Determine the mean weekly expense.
3. The table below shows the number of candles Stevie sold at her shop for the past year:
January 20 July 30
February 45 August 137
March 35 September 49
April 63 October 60
May 42 November 109
June 98 December 85
a. Determine the mean number of candles sold each month
b. Determine the median number of candles sold.
4. For a recent Math exam, the following scores were recorded:
60, 82, 80, 70, 87, 60, 75, 95, 80, 80, 71.
a. What the median score is?
b. What the mode of this set of data is?
5. Daily sales for The Smoothie Shop are: Monday $870, Tuesday $859, Wednesday $700, Thursday $2,050, Saturday $724. Determine the range of this set of data?
1)An auditor for American Health Insurance reports that 20% of policyholders submit a claim during the year. 15 policyholders are selected randomly. What is the probability that at least 3 of them submitted a claim the previous year?
2) A research firm conducted a survey to determine the mean amount steady smokers spend on cigarettes during a week. A sample of 64 smokers revealed that = $20 and S = $5. What is the 95% confidence interval for μ?
$18.78 to $21.23
18.16 to 21.84
$18.60 to $21.40
18.37 to 21.63
3) When a class interval is expressed as 100 up to 200, _________________________.
Observations with values of 200 are included in the class
Observations with values of 200 are excluded from the class
Observations with values of 100 are excluded from the class
The class interval is 99
4) A group of women tried five brands of fingernail polish and ranked them according to preference. What level of measurement is this?