1. Find a positive angle less than 360° that’s coterminal with the angle . – 7*3.14/10
2. Convert the angle below to degrees. Round your answer to two decimal places.
3. Convert the angle 54° to radians. Express your answer as a multiple of pi.
A. 3pi/10 radians
B. 4pi/11 radians
C. 1/5 pi radians
D. 2pi/9 radians
4. Solve the right triangle in the figure below if A = 51.4° and c = 57.1. Round lengths to one decimal place and express angles to the nearest tenth of a degree.
A. B = 38.6°, a = 44.6, b = 35.6
B. B = 51.4°, a = 35.6, b = 44.6
C. B = 38.6°, a = 35.6, b = 44.6
D. B = 51.4°, a = 44.6, b = 35.6
5. Find a cofunction with the same value as tan 52°.
A. cot 142°
B. sec 52°
C. cot 38°
D. cot 52°
6. Find the length of the arc on a circle of radius r = 9 feet intercepted by a central angle θ = 75°. Round your answer to two decimal places.
A. 12.96 feet
B. 10.61 feet
C. 11.78 feet
D. 9.42 feet
7. Convert the angle – pi/5 in radians to degrees.
8. Draw the angle below in standard position. -3pi/4
9. Solve the right triangle shown in the figure below when A = 51.9° and c = 51.2. Round lengths to one
decimal place and express angles to the nearest tenth of a degree.
A. B = 51.9°, a = 31.6, b = 40.3
B. B = 38.1°, a = 40.3, b = 31.6
C. B = 38.1°, a = 31.6, b = 40.3
D. B = 51.9°, a = 40.3, b = 31.6
10. Which of these is a solution to the equation cos x = 0.7?
A. x = 0.795°
B. x = sin 0.7
C. x = 45.6°
D. x = 0.7/cos
11. Use reference angles to find the exact value of the expression csc 5pi/3. Don’t use a calculator.
A. – squareroot of 3
B. – squareroot of 2
D. – 2*squareroot 3/3
12. Graph the function y = 2sin 1/2x
13. Find the reference angle for 96°.
14. Given sin t = squareroot 11/6 and cos t = 5/6, use identities to find sec t.
A. squareroot 11/5
B. 6*squareroot 11/11
15. Use a calculator to find the value of the expression sin–1
(–0.6). Round your answer to two decimal
16. Convert the angle of 160° to radians. Express your answer as a multiple of pi.
A. 8pi/9 radians
B. 7pi/8 radians
C. 7pi/9 radians
D. 9pi/10 radians
17. Find the radian measure of the central angle of a circle with radius r = 1.8 meters that intercepts an arc
s = 4.14 meters.
A. 0.9 radians
B. 1.6 radians
C. 0.56 radians
D. 2.3 radians
18. Which of these functions, when graphed, is the same as a translation of the graph of y = sin x?
A. y = sec x
B. y = tan x
C. y = cos x
D. y = cot x
19. In the right triangle below, C is the right angle and the two sides are given. Find cos θ. Give an exact answer with a rational denominator.
20. A car wheel has a 16-inch radius. Through what angle (to the nearest tenth of a degree) does the wheel turn when the car rolls forward 3 feet?
End of exam