Now that you’ve completed your analysis and determined the linear regression formula and r2, it now time to report on the results of your study and examine your findings.
In a Microsoft Word document, respond to the following:
- Report the sample you selected and the question that was explored in the study.
- Report the r2 linear correlation coefficient and the linear regression equation produced in the Excel spreadsheet.
- What would be the value of Pearson’s r (simply the square root of r2)?
- Would Pearson’s r be positive or negative? What does this imply about the relationship between the factors in this study?
- What is the implication of any correlation found between the variables in the study you picked?
- Does this correlation imply a causal relationship? Explain.
- Are there other variables that you think should have been examined that would have improved this study or help to pinpoint what factors are causal?