Let’s look at some other factors that might influence pay. Complete the problems below and submit your work in an Excel document. Be sure to show all of your work and clearly label all calculations. All statistical calculations will use the Employee Salary Data Set.
1. Using our sample data, construct a 95% confidence interval for the population’s mean salary for each gender. Interpret the results. How do they compare with the findings in the week 2 one sample t-test outcomes (Question 1)?
2. Using our sample data, construct a 95% confidence interval for the mean salary difference between the genders in the population. How does this compare to the findings in week 2, question 2?
3. We found last week that the degrees compa values within the population. Do not impact compa rates. This does not mean that degrees are distributed evenly across the grades and genders. Do males and females have the same distribution of degrees by grade?
4. Based on our sample data, can we conclude that males and females are distributed across grades in a similar pattern within the population?
5. How do you interpret these results in light of our question about equal pay for equal work?
Assignment 2: Moving Average Forecasting Models
Moving average forecasting models are powerful tools that help managers in making educated forecasting decisions. A moving average is mainly used to forecast short historical range data. This tool along with other forecasting tools is now computerized such as in Excel, which makes it easy to use. With regard to moving average forecasting, read the following task.
Obtain the daily price data over the past five years for three different stocks. Data can be obtained from the Internet by using the following keywords: stock price data, return data, company data, and stock returns.
- Create trend-moving averages with the following values form: 10, 100, and 200. Graph the data with Excel.
- Create centered-moving averages with the following values form: 10, 100, and 200. Graph the data with Excel.
- How do the moving averages for the same values of m compare between a trend-moving average and a centered-moving average?
- Explain how these moving averages can assist a stock analyst in determining the stocks’ price direction. Provide a detailed explanation with justifications.
Submit your answers in an eight- to ten-page Word document and in an Excel s