- Resource: Pastas R Us, Inc. Database
Review the Wk 2 – Apply: Statistical Report assignment.
In preparation for writing your report to senior management next week, conduct the following descriptive statistics analyses with Excel®. Answer the questions below in your Excel sheet or in a separate Word document:
- Insert a new column in the database that corresponds to “Annual Sales.” Annual Sales is the result of multiplying a restaurant’s “SqFt.” by “Sales/SqFt.”
- Calculate the mean, standard deviation, skew, 5-number summary, and interquartile range (IQR) for each of the variables.
- Create a box-plot for the “Annual Sales” variable. Does it look symmetric? Would you prefer the IQR instead of the standard deviation to describe this variable’s dispersion? Why?
- Create a histogram for the “Sales/SqFt” variable. Is the distribution symmetric? If not, what is the skew? Are there any outliers? If so,which one(s)? What is the “SqFt” area of the outlier(s)? Is the outlier(s)smaller or larger than the average restaurant in the database? What can you conclude from this observation?
- What measure of central tendency is more appropriate to describe “Sales/SqFt”? Why?
- Research at least two articles on the topic of the strategic importance of cloud computing in business organizations. Write a brief synthesis and summary of the two articles. How are the topics of the two articles related? What information was relevant and why?
Provide the references in your responses.
Your post should be 300 words long.
Along with this, attached document contains two discussions which needs responses. Each response should contains 150 words.