Multiple choice questions
1. A sales manager that sees all the information stored in a table, is an example of:
a. trail of audit
c. logical view
d. analytical thinking
2. Circle symbols are commonly known as:
a. oval interpretations
3. These can help determine which processes are causing delays that end in waste:
a. DMBS software options
b. anomaly analysis
c. Invoice total
d. internal control flow charts
1. 4. Identifies a row within a given table with unique attributes.
a. horizontal values in MS Access
b. select row option in MS Excel
c. primary key
1. 5. enterprise view of the database is part of
a. conceptual level
b. View options menu in Access
c. SQL option for data return
d. Non-query script
1. 6. To avoid clutter and crossed lines a person may want to
a. draw a pre-draft of the intended flow of information
b. rerun the query
c. analyze before implementing changes
d. redesign a flowchart
1. 7. Access is a type of
a. Microsoft program used primarily for testing queries
b. relational database
c. adequate software for gamers and programmers
d. intricate, cross hierarchical, query manipulator.
Read the end-of-chapter application case “Smart Business Reporting Helps Healthcare Providers Deliver Better Care” at the end of Chapter 4 in the textbook, and answer the following questions.
What is Premier, and what does it do?
What were the main challenges for Premier to achieve its vision?
What was the solution provided by IBM and other partners?
What were the results and benefits from Premier’s adoption of the integrated system described in the case?