Case Study 14.3 The Navy Scraps Development of Its Showpiece Warship—Until the Next Bad Idea, Page 500.
- The U.S. Department of Defense has a long history of sponsoring projects that have questionable usefulness. If you were assigned as a member of a project review team for a defense project, what criteria would you insist such a project has in order to be supported? In other words, what are the bare essentials needed to support such a project?
- Why, in your opinion, is there such a long history of defense projects overshooting their budgets or failing some critical performance metrics? (Consider other project cases in this text, including the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle discussed in Chapter 5.)
- “The mystery is not that the Zumwalt was canceled. The mystery is why it took so long for it to be canceled.” Do you agree with this assessment? Why or why not?
- Google “criticisms of the Littoral Combat Ship” and identify some of the problems that critics have listed. In light of these problems, why do you think the Navy has pressed ahead with the development of the LCS?
- 5-7 pages in length (excluding cover page, abstract, and reference list)
- APA format, Use the APA template located in the Student Resource Center to complete the assignment.
- Please use the Case Study Guide as a reference point for writing your case study.Part 1: Respond to the Text Lab Project 16.2 (Objectives 1 and 2) on page 529.
Capture a spam Email message. View the Email header and copy the information to your assignment document. Include at least two (2) emails. You do not need a reference for part 1. You only need to show the header information. No narrative is necessary for part 1.
Showing the Email itself is not sufficient. You need to show the header information embedded in the message metadata. Search the Internet if you need help capturing the header information. Points will be deducted if the header information is not present in the assignment. An image of the message is not sufficient.
Part 2: Provide a short narrative on security techniques and mechanisms in protecting against spam activity. Use at least one (1) reference. Narrative, citation and reference must be in APA format.
Part 1 and 2 should be submitted in one (1) document.