Follow the directions below and write a paper comparing the Shi’ite faction of Islam to the Sunni faction. In your comparison, you will focus on why the two groups split, their claims to legitimacy, and major differences and similarities that exist between them. You will also mention where the two groups hold dominance in the modern world and why they are in such violent opposition to one another. Remember that you are to cover all these areas in your paper.
Here are the specific guidelines you are to follow:
1. Your paper should be 4 FULL pages. Anything less than four full pages will be considered below minimum and points will be deducted.
2. Your paper should be formatted using APA style
3. You are to cite the information in your paper with the appropriate APA in-text citations.
4. You are to use ONLY SOURCES from the GMC Databases.
5. You must use a minimum of three sources from the GMC Databases and you are to provide a Works Cited page at the end of your paper.
6. You adhere to all rules of academic honesty which includes citing information, quoting appropriately, and paraphrasing.
7. Your paper should be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman 12 font.
NOTE: APA format requires a reference page with full publication information and in-text citations where appropriate. This means whether it’s word-for-word or paraphrased in-text citations MUST be included. Submissions without this information will be given a zero and possibly a referral to the Student Honor Council.