1945. Please create an essay complete with an introduction, thesis statement, body paragraphs, and conclusion. For the introduction, please provide a brief explanation as to why the Cold War emerged shortly after the Second World War and an argumentative thesis that touches on its impact on the world since 1945.
1946. For the body paragraphs, please answer the following questions:
1. When and where did the Cold War reach its peak intensity? Why? How was the Cold War or its belligerents (the US and its allies or the Soviets and their clients) changed afterward?
2. When and where did détente reach its zenith and achieve the most success in improving relations across the blocs? Why? Did détente do more to bring about the end of the Cold War or prolong the conflict? Please be sure to explain your reasoning with supporting ideas or examples drawn from world history when possible.
3. Outside of the two superpowers, which region or country benefitted most from the Cold War and various aspects of globalization since 1945? Why? Compare that with the country or region which suffered the most from these two phenomena. Why were these places affected so differently?
4. For the concluding paragraph(s), return to your thesis about the Cold War’s impact on the world since 1945 by providing evidence of this interpretation drawn from your answers and examples in the body of the essay.
2. Technical Content
1. Students will have the entire length of class to answer the following questions. The exam will be open note, but there is to be no use of electronic devices or texts unless previously approved by the instructor. There is no page length or word count required. Efficient writers may take only a paragraph each for the introduction, conclusion, and set of questions intended for the body of the paper. But some may take several paragraphs in each section to make their point.