Assignment 2: Project Paper is due this week.
Here is some important info!
Assignment Two template
Assignment Two sample paper (email me for additional samples)
Assignment 2: Project Paper Due Week 7 and worth 200 points
Choose one (1) of the topics from the list of topic choices below. Read the topic carefully. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper (750-1,000 words) that responds to each of the items described in the topic. (Exception is the video presentation of the first topic below which is a different communication form).
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) . The format is different than others Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
· Include a title page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date of submission. The title page and the source list are not included in the required length (750 words minimum). The body of the paper must be double-spaced between lines and must use paragraphing.
Topic choices (pick 1):
· Women Challenge their Audience. Essay. Lessons in Public Speaking: Two women of very different backgrounds and language skills gave effective speeches in the cause of abolition. Read the speeches and the background of them. Angelina Grimke Weld’s speech in Philadelphia in 1838: http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/grimke.html ; the background of that speech is at http://eloquentwoman.blogspot.com/2016/09/famous-speech-friday-angelina-grimkes.html . Sojourner Truth’s famous 1851 speech and its background: https://www.nps.gov/articles/sojourner-truth.htm . Also see background in chapter 29 (p. 963) of our class text. Then write an essay that includes the following:
1. The biographical information for each woman, emphasizing elements relevant to the speeches.
2. Describe the obstacles and limitations each faced that would hinder making these speeches.
3. Using specific lines, show or illustrate effective speaking methods that connect to the audience.
4. Describe two lessons you learn from these examples that could be of value to you for communications in your professional life.
THIS IS THE Strayer University Writing Standards2…Include page numbers.…Use 1-inch margins. …Use Arial, Courier, Times New Roman, or Calibri font style.…Use 10-, 11-, or 12-point font size for the body of your text.…Use numerals (1, 2, 3, and so on) or spell out numbers (one, two, three, and so on). Be consistent with your choice throughout the assignment.…Use either single or double spacing, according to assignment guidelines.…If assignment requires a title page: ·Include the assignment title, your name, course title, your professor’s name, and the date of submission on a separate page.…If assignment does not require a title page (stated in the assignment details): a. Include all required content in a header at the top of your document. or b. Include all required content where appropriate for assignment format. Examples of appropriate places per assignment: letterhead of a business letter assignment or a title slide for a PowerPoint presentation.…Use appropriate language and be concise. …Write in active voice when possible. Find tips here.…Use the point of view (first, second, or third person) required by the assignment guidelines. …Use spelling and grammar check and proofread to help ensure your work is error free.…Use credible sources to support your ideas/work. Find tips here.…Cite your sources throughout your work when you borrow someone else’s words or ideas. Give credit to the authors.…Look for a permalink tool for a webpage when possible (especially when an electronic source requires logging in like the Strayer Library). Find tips here.…Add each cited source to the Source List at the end of your assignment. (See the Giving Credit to Authors and Sources section for more details.)…Don’t forget to cite and add your textbook to the Source List if you use it as a source.…Include a Source List when the assignment requires research or if you cite the textbook.…Type “Sources” centered on the first line of the page.…List the sources that you used in your assignment. …Organize sources in a numbered list and in order of use throughout the paper. Use the original number when citing a source multiple times. …For more information, see the Source List section.General StandardsUse Appropriate FormattingTitle Your WorkWrite ClearlyCite Credible SourcesBuild a Source List
Use double spacing throughout the body of your assignment. …Use a consistent 12-point font throughout your assignment submission. (For acceptable fonts, see General Standards section.)…Use the point of view (first or third person) required by the assignment guidelines. …Section headings can be used to divide different content areas. Align section headings (centered) on the page, be consistent, and include at least two section headings in the assignment.…Follow all other General Standards section guidelin