Study Questions 1
1. Which global map projection we referenced is the most geographically accurate?
2. If Jesus was born in 4 BCE, how old would he be this year?
3. To be a religion, you must have on or more Gods? (T,F)
4. In the video what does Vern Harper say “the church” is?
5. What two people spoke of religion as an “opiate” and “ultimate concern”?
6. Which theory of religion seemed to evolve?
7. The Claflin Panther represents what feature of religion?
8. What is the difference between the free soul and the breath?
9. What might a religious leader be called in the indigenous African & American Indian religions?
10.What feature of religion did I say African indigenous religions express the most?
Please read the introduction and Chapter 1 of Matthew Connelly’s “A Diplomatic Revolution: Algeria’s Fight for Independence and the origins of the Post-Cold War Era. In a 1.5-2pp paper, please respond to the following:
1) What is the author’s main argument?
2) What kinds of sources does he use to support his argument?
3) What role, if any, did nationalism play in Algeria’s path to independence?
4) In Chapter 1, what does the author mean by “The Failure of Progress”?
5) What does he mean by the “Crisis of the Colonial World”?
You can answer these questions in either essay or question and answer form. For each of these, I want you to include at least one quote from the book to support your answer. 12 point font, double spaced.