Assignment 2: Managing Competing Agendas
Due Week 6 and worth 180 points
In this assignment, you will explore how the organization and policitial environment of an agency or departments can impact the issue you selected in Assignment 1.
Using the issue you selected from Assignment 1, write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you respond to the following questions:
- Examine the organization of the agency in which the issue resides. Describe the structure and departments within the agency and the manner in which the departments interact with each other.
- Given the description you provided in Question 1, describe the primary ways the human resource management part of the organizational structure positively or negatively impacts the issue that you selected.
- Given the description you provided in Question 1, describe the primary ways the budgeting part of the organizational structure positively or negatively impacts the issue you selected.
- Given the description you provided in Question 1, analyze the political environment and explain (2) challenges that political responsiveness may present for management.
- Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental Websites. Wikipedia, other wikis, and any other Websites ending in anything other than “.gov” do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Assemble the concepts of planning, reengineering, implementation, and program evaluation essential to the study of public administration as it relates to political choice.
- Organize the concepts of public budgeting and policy formation essential to the study of public administration as it relates to political choice.
- Reconstruct historical trends related to public administration and its influence on managing public and nonprofit organizations.
- Organize the concepts of planning and human resource management essential to the study of public administration as it relates to political choice.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in public administration.
- Write clearly and concisely about public administration using proper writing mechanics.