Expand the scenario that you identified as the fictitious entity in W1 for which you created a line-item budget. Imagine yourself a little into the future. You just got your graduate degree from South University and landed a job as the assistant budget director of your agency or organization. You learned some budgeting methods from your textbook that you would like to put into practice, but the budget director is very fixed in his ways and does not like to take risks.
Write a 3- to 5-page persuasive essay for your boss explaining the potential problems with a line-item budget trying to convince him to accept a better budget method. Your essay should include the following:
- A description of line-item budgeting.
- A description of the new method you would like to implement.
- Potential benefits of the new system compared to the old.
- Possible cost changes in implementing the new method.
- An example of an agency that implemented the new method and the results demonstrating that the theory can also be put into practice.
- Potential persuasive analysis of how the changes could save budget dollars and reduce waste and abuse.
- Complete this essay in a Microsoft Word document.
- Cite sources in the correct APA format.