This assignment have 10 hours to do it.
Step 1 Do least two association tests for geting the test results This is the Website for making IAT tests: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html
The Implicit Association Test (IAT) measures attitudes and beliefs that people may be unwilling or unable to report. The IAT may be especially interesting if it shows that you have an implicit attitude that you did not know about. For example, you may believe that women and men should be equally associated with science, but your automatic associations could show that you (like many others) associate men with science more than you associate women with science.
Take one or two of the association tests offered through this site. Review your results and consider- were you surprised by anything? How might our implicit biases shape how we think about giving (charity vs. philanthropy, for example) or how we interact with others in the nonprofit setting?
You’ll be asked to reflect on the results of your IAT in the written assignment this week.
Step 2 Read the Week Reading Materials and Watch the videos to answer the reflection’s questions and use least 3 sources to support your opinion.
In this reflection activity, submit a two page paper (double-spaced, 12pt Times New Roman Font, 1” margins, no heading) answering the following questions:
1. How would you define “diversity”?
2. Based on this week’s materials, what would you say is the role of diversity in philanthropy?
3. This week, you completed an activity assessing implicit bias. Based on what you’ve learned about nonprofit fundraising so far, how might implicit bias come into play in how nonprofits solicit funds and/or acquire funds?
4. In addition to learning about implicit bias, we also learned about trends in giving across different ethnicities and cultures. What advice might you give to a new fundraiser for ensuring they are culturally sensitive when soliciting for donations?
Your responses should include at least 3 references from the different class materials (readings, lectures, videos, websites, etc.) provided in APA style . Include in-text citations and a separate reference page (not included in page count).
Your grade will be based on completeness of response, appropriate use of references, and clarity in writing.
The Videos and the readings’ website( these are learning materials, and hope you could try you best to read and watch them and use these source in the reflection paper):
Additional Materials( you don’t have to read and use these materials. If you think you don’t have enough source for the reflection paper, you could use either materials) :
1. Fundraising Toolkit for Board Members
2. Board Source: Tips on How to Address Fundraising from Board Members