“Strategies for Leading” Please respond to the following:
• Review “Day One” in Chapter 8. The President of the U.S. gets 100 days to prove himself. However, it is unlikely Jacqueline Gibson will get that much time. Gibson needs to take charge quickly and effectively during this critical career transition period. Discuss one or two specific strategies she might follow and actions she might take.
• Using the agency selected in Assignment 1, discuss how the leadership is promoting change to the field of public administration. Justify your response with one or two examples.
“Responsibility or Ethics” Please respond to the following:
• Using the e-Activity and the agency selected in Assignment 1, find a current event from the past two years and discuss the administrative responsibility to the stakeholders, organization, and public regarding the issues in described in the current event. Justify your response with one or two examples.
• Review “The FDA Task Force” in Chapter 4. The author of the case study states: “Even though at least 60 percent of Americans disapprove of cloned food, the FDA in 2006 ruled that milk and meat from cloned animals should be allowed on grocery store shelves.” As an FDA Administrator, explain how you would respond to the public’s objections of the “respected colleague” about the use of control groups. In your response, identify and explain which principles you applied. Provide one or two examples to support your response.
NOTE: THREE ANSWERS POSTED AS A BONUS CHOOSE ANY
- Examine the National Incident Management System (NIMS), and critique the positive aspects of NIMS as well as what could be improved upon. After examining the strengths and weaknesses of NIMS, discuss how the concepts and components of NIMS could be applied to future learning or career opportunities. The completed assignment must be a minimum of two double-spaced pages in length, not including the title page and reference page. The use of outside sources to support your writing may be helpful, but is not required for this assignment. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced using APA formatting; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations. Information about accessing the Grading Rubric for this assignment is provided below.