You are a risk manager/evaluator assigned to The Department of Homeland Security. Your supervisor has just instructed you to produce a timeline and a white paper for a Homeland Security Critical Incident Management Roundtable discussion outlining the evolution of Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) from pre 9/11 to present.
Part 1. Construct a timeline that graphically depicts the evolution of CIP from pre 9-11 to present. Your timeline should have the following:
- Date and time associated with the event
- Photo of that particular event or a representation thereof
- Caption with the photo supporting your research
Part 2. Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper detailing the evolution of CIP from pre-9/11 to present. Include the following in your paper:
- Why and how has 9/11 changed CIP practices and planning?
- What affect did fusion of military, law enforcement, federal, local and tribal government, and the private sector had on CIP?
- An assessment of where we are now in the present day.
It is not necessary that your timeline be congruent with your paper.
The timeline is meant to graphically depict a slow change over a period of time with less detail than the paper. The paper should provide greater detail.
Noted in Introduction to Emergency Management (6th ed.) as the Katrina debacle, the Hurricane Katrina disaster highlighted the need for emergency management reform. (ATTACHED)USE AS REFERENCE
With hurricane season approaching, the City of Palms is concerned that it may not be prepared for potential disaster. Before it begins to reform its current emergency management processes, it wants to better understand the Katrina debacle and the reforms that happened as a result.
As an emergency management consultant, you’ve been hired by the City of Palms to provide a report to city officials outlining the Katrina debacle and the emergency management reform that came as a result.
Research additional information on the Katrina debacle.
Using the Week One Outline(ATTACHED) write a 1- to 2-page report of 750-1000 words that includes the following:
- Define the Katrina debacle.
- List what steps have been taken to mitigate future repeats of this debacle, including:
- The importance of maintaining a continuous planning process
- The guidelines for developing an emergency plan
- The private sector’s role in emergency management
Format your sources according to APA guidelines.