Anthropogenic Impact Assignment
You will write an essay using what you’ve learned from geol 300 lecture, 301 lab, books, and any other peer reviewed journal from: https://csun-primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo-explore/search?vid=01CALS_UNO&sortby=rank
4 – 6 pages double spaced, Arial, size 11 font, MLA or APA
You may write an additional 1-2 pages of a different topic for extra points
Title/ Name on separate page (not to be included in the page count)
Uploaded as a word document to turnitin in Canvas
Cite your sources properly,
References will have their own page (not included in the page count)
References are limited to your textbook, lectures, labs, and scholarly articles (limit of 2 website from a credible source, such as NASA or the EPA etc. and to the exact url page you found it)
Plagiarism will result into a zero
Some ideas, you may choose your own with approval by me
· Climate Change Impact to a specific Natural Hazards (hurricanes, tornadoes, El nino oscillation etc.)
· Climate Change impact to an important ecological area/ecosystem, such as the great barrier reef, the dead sea, glacier national park in Montana, the Amazon, the Maldives in the Indian Ocean, Napa Valley, Greenland, and arctic ocean to name a few
· Impact of deforestation of a rainforest or other forest of your choice to the planet’s atmosphere and wildlife
· Radiation in the environment’s impact to wildlife and ecosystems from nuclear meltdowns (Chernobyl or Fukushima)
· Excessive plastic in the ocean and its impact to everything
· Excessive trash in our landfills are doing what to our Earth
· Livestock (animals raised for food) impacts to the environment
· Historical and current mass-extinctions of plants and/or animals induced by humans
· Increased birthrates/population effects to the ecosystem and planet
· Sea level rise impacts to ecosystems (NOT cities since we know many will be underwater in our lifetimes)
Things you should address, most, if possible all:
· How we know for a FACT that the theory of climate change or the disruption of your selected topic are indeed human caused/driven
· What evidence is there to support this
· How this issue impact affects wildlife, ecosystems, atmosphere, and any other non-human being directly affected.
· NOTE: I do not want to know about the impact to human health, since we already know climate change and other human impacts are slowly killing us/our kids, and depriving our future grandchildren to live a full happy life.
· Is there currently any action in the science and/or law making worlds in progress that address your issue?
· What did the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change 5th assessment report in 2018 say about this, if they even did
· Is it possible to stop this? What are some proposed solutions?
· Do you think this is realistic?