Some people you know say they don’t believe that the climate is changing. After completing this week’s readings, how would you respond?
Write a 525- to 700-word response including:
- How scientists learn about past global temperatures and climates
- The greenhouse effect
- Greenhouse gases and their role in current climate change
- One piece of data scientists offer to show that the climate is changing globally
- Refer to NASA website: Climate Change: How Do We Know?
- Expected impacts of climate change in your area
- Refer to the EPA’s January 2017 snapshot by state: Climate Change Impacts by State
Use the NASA and EPA website page links provided, course textbook, and at least 2 additional resources. Do not use wikis.
575 minimum words.
Perform an internet search to identify an instance of environmental pollution in your state.
Create a 5-to 8-slide PowerPoint® presentation.
- Identify the effects of this pollution on human health and the environment.
- Explain the causes of this pollution.
- Recommend ways to prevent/clean up this type of environmental pollution.
- Include appropriate images with citations.
Use the course textbook and at least 2 outside references. Do not use wikis.
Interpret the source content in your own words. Do not copy/paste source content or submit quoted responses.
Include 300+ WORDS (total) in the lecture NOTES area, not as slide text.