Beginning Your Philosophy of Exceptional Learning and Inclusion
Look at the attachments and it will show the question you have to answer for the paper
In the introduction forum for this course, you shared one sentence about your vision for creating an inclusive environment for all learners that you will work with. A key piece of being able to bring your vision to life is understanding your foundational beliefs about inclusion and how to incorporate those assumptions when working with learners who are exceptional. Your perceptions about these ideas are the pillars of your philosophy of inclusion and exception learning. For your assignment this week, you will use the information you have learned so far about inclusion to begin building your philosophy.
To prepare for this assignment,
- Please refer to the Week 2 Guidance for further tips and examples that will support your success on this assignment.
- Read Policy Statement on Inclusion of Children With Disabilities in Early Childhood Programs (Links to an external site.)
- Review the ECD310: Sample of Philosophy and Inclusion Assignment and utilize the ECD 310 Week 2 Assignment Template.
For your Beginning Your Philosophy of Exceptional Learning and Inclusion assignment, you will create a three- to four-page word document.
In your assignment,
- Explain your intended career path. Make sure to specifically include the age group you want to work with and your work environment (school, library, preschool, etc.) as it will influence your beliefs throughout your philosophy.
- Describe the professional dispositions you possess that influence your beliefs about how children grow, learn, and develop. Make sure to make a connection between your dispositions and your chosen career path. Refer back to your Week 1 journal, Professional Dispositions, for support when crafting your answer.
- Formulate your definition of inclusion. Make sure to include specific ways that your definition aligns with the age of the diverse learners you will be working with. Refer back to your What is Inclusion? discussion in Week 1 for support when crafting your answer.
- Explain your perspective on where we are as a nation with creating inclusive environments that meet the needs of exceptional learners. Make sure to bring in specific examples of how policies and laws have influenced current trends for inclusive environments for your chosen career path. Refer back to your Week 1 discussion, History of Inclusion, for support when crafting your answer.
- Summarize the role you feel collaboration should play when supporting exceptional learners in inclusive environments. Make sure that important concepts such as being a critically reflective practitioner, collaborative teaming, and communication styles are included in your summary. Refer back to your What is Collaboration? discussion and Communication Styles Self-Assessment discussion in Week 2 for support when crafting your answer.
- Include the following based on your Program of Study:
- Program of StudyContent to includeBachelor of Arts in Child DevelopmentExplain how your own experiences have influenced your philosophy of exceptional learning and inclusionBachelor of Arts in Cognitive StudiesExplain how would use your philosophy of exceptional learning and inclusion to mentor or train others who plan to work with exceptional learners.Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Development with Differentiated InstructionExplain how your own experiences have influenced your philosophy of exceptional learning and inclusionBachelor of Arts in Early Childhood EducationExplain how your own experiences have influenced your philosophy of exceptional learning and inclusionBachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education AdministrationExplain how your own experiences have influenced your philosophy of exceptional learning and inclusion and how you will support your teachers and staff as they collaborate with you and with others about inclusion.Bachelor of Arts in Education StudiesExplain how you would incorporate this philosophy into the curriculum you use with your studentsBachelor of Arts in Library Science and MediaExplain how you would use a media tool, such as a library webpage or video post, to share your philosophy of exceptional learning and inclusionBachelor of Arts in English Language Learner StudiesExplain how you would incorporate this philosophy into the curriculum you use with your English as a second language students
Please make sure to save a copy of your work. You will be revising this assignment and adding to it for your Final Assignment: Inclusion and Exception Learning Philosophy in Week 5 of this course.
The Beginning Your Philosophy of Exceptional Learning and Inclusion Assignment paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly resources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- The BA ECDDI Research Guide is a resource that has been developed to assist you in completing the library research required for this assignment. Click on the button titled ECD 310 from the homepage of the research guide to gain access to additional resources that can support you with the development of your assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.). You might find the Writing an Essay (Links to an external site.) tutorial helpful as you are crafting your assignment.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.