Unit 2 DB
Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
The CEO of a 100-bed Nursing Home has noticed that the board of directors is having a hard time understanding his vision of where the hospital needs to go. The CFO has a lot of trouble getting the board of directors to understand the organization’s key performance indicators/metrics using balanced scorecard and dashboard reporting. He has selected you to develop a scorecard and dashboard illustrating the key indicators and send the sample and a memo to the board members explaining the following:
- Your sample balanced scorecard and dashboard reporting
- Discuss the four key success factors of dashboard reporting
- NOTE: You may develop your own or research and find a healthcare balanced scorecard and dashboard online.
Unit 2 IP
The CEO of a 400-bed hospital has scheduled a board of directors meeting to discuss the current financial situation of the hospital and steps that need to be done to correct some current problems. The CFO needs to send each board member an explanation of the financial statements that they will be discussing. You are the Director of Finance and he has asked you to put together a memo, explaining each statement. Do the following:
- Provide a copy of the most common four statements used within your hospital and what information is available in each.
- Make sure you explain each main components/section of each statement.
NOTE: You can develop your own set of statements or research and pull healthcare financial statements online. (2-3 pages)