ONE:Now that you have read the chapter about the OSI model, how would you change it? Are there inefficiencies or redundancies in the model?
In this lab, you’ll examine the layers of the OSI seven-layer model and the TCP/IP model. When you’ve completed this lab you will be able to
● Explain why layered models are used to describe data communication.
● Identify each of the seven layers of the OSI model.
Lab Materials and Setup
The materials you need for this lab are
● The Mike Meyers’ CompTIA Network+ Guide to Managing and Troubleshooting Networks textbook
● Pencil and paper
Work through the following tasks to investigate the details of network data delivery using the OSI seven-layer model.
Task 1: Answer the following questions.
1. How does the concept of layers describe flow of information or communications?
2. How are layers used to describe data communications?
3. What is a mnemonic used for remembering the OSI model?
4. What is the OSI model and what are its benefits?
5. What are some advantages of the OSI model?
6. What is a PDU?
7. Explain data encapsulation.
THREE:Use the following worksheet to complete the Hardware Lab. Make sure you also download the zip file with the images you will need for the lab.
Attach your completed Hardware Lab worksheet to this drop box and submit it. Your submitted file can be in any of these formats: .doc, .docx, .rtf, or .pdf.
1. What is technical communication? How is technical communication different from other types of communication? Why is good technical communication imperative in today’s diverse business environment?
2. Discuss the importance of collaboration and diversification in effective technical communication. Offer an example of poor communication that you have experienced, and your suggestions for improving its clarity and conciseness.