Upload Assignment: I. Develop an Incident Response Policy for ABC Company that will be used as your reference for your evaluation of this potential data incident (this is an attachment that should be included in your paper and referenced in your presentResearch Paper Part I
- Due DateSunday, August 5, 201811:59 PMPoints Possible50
ABC Company is a manufacturing company that produces new technology that sells online directly to customers and retailers. The system they use is a core transactional Enterprise Resource Planning system called NEDS. NEDS is similar to many core systems that provide integrated applications on a common platform for financials, managing materials, sales distribution, and production planning (similar to Oracle or SAP). NEDS is located in the Netherlands, while ABC Company is located in Florence, Kentucky. On June 15, 2016, James Hurd (ABC’s Global Security Director) was notified that NEDS was burglarized during business hours involving individuals stealing equipment including blackberries, iPhones, laptops and hard drives. Local police were notified and the incident was reported on that date. A police report only included identification of specific hardware that was stolen and several bicycles.
The burglary notification that was mailed was sent to a branch office of ABC Company in Mexico. James Hurd was notified by the Mexico office via email which included an attached electronic version of the burglary notification and police report on June 20, 2016. James Hurd recognized that the incident actually occurred 5 days earlier.
The letter contained the following information about the incident:
- The incident occurred in the application area that provides custom application development and reporting for the ABC Company.
- The area that was impacted involved “potential data” used for sales analysis. Data from the ABC Company had been placed on laptops while some diagnostics were being carried out.
- Compromised data could have included customer or retailer information from 2002-2014 consisting of names, address, bank account data or credit card numbers, SKU product numbers, descriptions, quantities, Purchase Order numbers, and purchase price.
- You are James Hurd and need to respond to this incident by taking action immediately.
You will need to:
Develop an Incident Response Policy for ABC Company that will be used as your reference for your evaluation of this potential data incident (this is an attachment that should be included in your paper and referenced in your presentation).
- Institution Release Statement