- 350 words TOTAL
- APA format
- 3 source minimum
Conduct a web search for the key words “IP telephony” or “telephony”. Then complete the following:
1. Get the references of 3 sites that come up with the best, most informative results.
2. Based on your scanning of these 3 sites, Summarize a one paragraph description (of at least 250 words) of what IP Telephony means
3. Provide which source you used exactly where in your paragraph, by providing the article author’s last name, year of the publication of the article or the last modified date of the website, and the page or paragraph number where your citation can be found. Use the following format (authorLastName, year, p.# or para.#).
4. List 3 examples of services that use IP Telephony, with a short description of each service
answer the below questions. Please complete the questions in a Word document. Use examples from the readings, lecture notes and outside research to support your answers. All questions must answered with viable support and detail. Your answer cannot simply be a cited source answering the question.
- 100 words per question
- APA format
- 1 source minimum per question (source can be used for other questions)
1. Describe traditional telephony and network layouts.
2. Discuss mobile telephony and cellular service.
3. What is GSM and how does it work?
4. Do digital signal from phone to towers utilize low bandwidth or high bandwidth usage? Expand on your answer.
5. Are GSM specifications hardware-specific? Why or why not?
6. Describe FDMA, TDMA, and CDMA. Differentiate their subtle applicability. Then an example of a provider for each of these technologies.
7. Enumerate IP Telephony Network issues and vulnerabilities, and briefly describe each issue or vulnerability. List some common attacks on IP Telephony.
8. Define “rogue” and “softphone”.
9. List IP Phone countermeasures (at least 5).