CIS363—Web Interface Design with Lab
Lab 2: Format a Web Page Using CSS
This iLab supports the following TCOs.
TCO 3—Given an original source document, convert the document to a web page using HTML and CSS.
TCO 4—Given an older website that requires updating, review the techniques used to create the current site; develop a plan to revise the site using CSS layout techniques, client-side scripts, and other current website design techniques; and convert the web pages based on the plan.
Given a basic HTML file, create and apply embedded CSS styles to the content on the page. Given the same basic HTML page, create and attach an external CSS file based on the specifications given in the assignment.
1. You will need to create embedded and external CSS style rules.
2. You will also need to attach an external CSS file to the original HTML page.
|Part A—Create embedded CSS rules.||10|
|Part B—Create and attach the CSS file.||3|
|Part B—Create CSS rules for the listed tags in the external CSS file.||8|
|Part C—Create the listed CSS class rules.||8|
|Part C—Apply the CSS class rules to the HTML content.||5|
|Lab Report—All sections complete.||6|
Part A: Embedded CSS
1. Create Embedded CSS Rules.
In the lab2.html file, create a set of embedded CSS rules for the following properties. You will need to identify the appropriate tag(s) and attributes for each set of rules.
|Background color for the page||A light tan: #FC6|
|Font color for all text in the page||A dark blue: #039|
|Font for all text in the page||Comic Sans MS|
|Font size for all the text in the page||Body: 14 points|
|Color for all hyperlinks||Dark red: #CC0000|
|Visited link color for all hyperlink||Dark red: #CC0000|
|Rollover link color for all hyperlinks||Dark green: #060|
|Active link color for all hyperlinks||Dark red: #CC0000|
|No link should be underlined for all links||Never underline|
Part B: External CSS
1. Create and attach the CSS file.
· Create a new CSS file.
· Save the file and name it styles.css.
· Attach the styles.css file to the lab3.html file.
2. Create the CSS tag rules.
· For all of the following tags, create the CSS rule from the descriptions below.
· All rules should be created in the styles.css file.
|H1||Background color: #39f Border on the bottom with the following rules
· Width: thin
· Style: solid
· Color: #003
Centered text Margin on all sides: 35 pixels
|H2||Text color: #333, bold|
|p||Font: Georgia Text color: #030 Padding of 15 pixels on all sides|
|li||Font family: Arial Background color: gray Text color: black, bold Text size: 18 points|
Part C: CSS Class Rules
1. Create the CSS class rules.
· In the styles.css file, create the following class rules using CSS.
|example1: This class will be applied to Example 1.||Background color: #699 Text color: #033, bold Text size: 10 points Margin on all sides: 25 pixels Padding on all sides: 25 pixels|
|example2: This class will be applied to Example 2.||Background color: #66c Border on all sides with the following rules
· Width: 10px
· Style: solid
· Color: #06c
Text size: 10 pixels Text color: #ccc
|Example3: This class will be applied to Example 3.||Font family: Arial Background color: #6ff Text color: 030 Text size: 36 points Margin on all sides: 50 pixels Padding on all sides: 50 pixels|
2. Apply the CSS class rules to the HTML content.
· Apply the class CSS rules to the corresponding content in the lab3.html file as specified in the above table.
Part D: Complete the Lab Report
1. Download the CIS363_Lab_Report.docx file from Doc Sharing.
2. The lab report must be completed for all labs. The key parts of the report include the following.
· Objectives: A one paragraph explanation of the purpose of the lab.
· Results: Include a screenshot of the working web site/page.
· Conclusions: A one paragraph explanation of what you learned while completing the lab, any challenges you had to work through, and how you can use what you learned going forward.
1. Copy Files from the Citrix server (if necessary).
2. Zip all of the files from Parts A, B, and C into a single zip file.
3. Submit your zip file to the Dropbox.