Principles of Chemistry 1211L Practice Test II
1. 2 H2O2(aq) ↔ 2 H2O(l) + O2(g) is example of (Type of Reaction)
a. Decomposition reaction c. Acid base reaction
b. Precipitation reaction d. combination reaction
2. 10 drops of 4.0 M NaOH solution was mixed with 50 drops of water. What is the molarity of the diluted mixture? (Look for Type of Reaction Lab)
3. What is formula for determining Retention Factor (Rf Value) in Thin Layer chromatography .
4. Stoichiometry Ratio when Co(NO3)3 with NaOH (Reaction Stoichiometry Lab)
a. 1:2 c. 1:3
b. 1:4 d. 1:1
5. Redox Reaction is ………
6. If (ΔH)= – 234 in a reaction. Then Reaction will be called?
a. Exothermic b. Endothermic
7. A 6.0 g sample of was heated from 0oC to 40.0oC. It absorbed 45.2 J of heat. What is the specific heat of sample.
8. A proton released by an acid in aqueous solution quickly reacts with water to form a hydronium ion. What product is formed when a proton reacts with ammonia (NH3)?
a. NH3+ b. NH2¯
c. NH4 d. NH4+
9. End Point of Titration is when………..
10. Write reaction for unknown metal with HCl (Reaction Stoichiometry Lab)
11. What is the resulting molarity of solution when 3 g of NaOH is dissolved in 500 mL of water? (formula weight of NaOH = 40.)
12. Complete following Reaction (Thermal Gravimetric Analysis Lab)
13. What will be the end product when Zinc metal reacts with Copper sulfate.