Discussion Topic 1: Chemistry Connections (Using the APUS Library):
There is a lot of chemistry going on all around you. If you start to observe a bit more intentionally, you will notice many new discoveries, articles, news stories, and breakthrough research happening everyday. And science can only be useful and keep moving forward if it is shared.
1. A proper n of a Chapter and Section that you would like to discuss, including a direct link to it that we can visit.
2. A sufficient summary of the Section in common language that could be understood by the general public.
3. Its implications for society, benefits, drawbacks, practicality, and pictures of the molecules described. This is where you discuss your personal thoughts regarding the topic.
4. Questions to your classmates that invite discussion and further the dialogue.
5. An that is relevant to the discussion.
After you find the topic you would like to discuss, start a thread within the Forum Topic 1. You need not fill in the content—only begin a thread with a subject line that includes your name and the title of the Chapter and Section you will be discussing. When you are ready to fill in the details of the post, you can simply go back into your post and click “Edit” and put the information into your post. By starting your post, you are claiming your podcast and no other student is allowed to choose the same podcast. The first person to post a thread in this Topic with the topic title in the subject line will be the only one to receive credit for the assignment should there be duplicate choices. Therefore, you should be sure no one has already chosen the topic you wish to discuss.
Instructions: Your initial post over the material outlined above for Topic 1 should be at least 300 words*.