19) Tom Schriber, a director of personnel of Management Resources, Inc., is in the process of designing a program that its customers can use in the job-finding process. Some of the activities include preparing resumes, writing letters, making appointments to see prospective employers, researching companies and industries, and so on. Some of the information on the activities is shown in the following table:
ACTIVITY a m b PREDECESSORS
A 8 10 12 –
B 6 7 9 –
C 3 3 4 –
D 10 20 30 A
E 6 7 8 C
G 6 7 10 B,D,E
H 14 15 16 F
I 10 11 13 F
J 6 7 8 G, H
K 4 7 8 I, J
L 1 2 4 G,H
(A) Construct a network for this problem.
(B) Determine the expected time and variance for each activity.
(C) Determine ES, EF, LS, LF, and slack for each activity.
(D) Determine the critical path and project completion time.
(E) Determine the probability that the project will be finished in 70 days or less
(F) Determine the probability that the project will be finished in 80 days or less
(G) Determine the probability that the project will be finished in 90 days or less
- perform certain calculations discussed in the assigned reading in order to derive an answer for each problem.
- use Microsoft Excel to complete each problem and submit a single Excel spreadsheet that contains a separate worksheet (i.e., separate tab) for each problem.
- have each worksheet be clearly labeled to identify the associated problem.
- to show all calculations or other work performed to derive your answer(s) for each problem.
- have your spreadsheet be fully functional (i.e., configured to allow the reader to not only see all numerical values, but also be able to see the underlying formula associated with each calculated value).
- to label your work in each worksheet to clearly identify the nature of each piece of data or calculated value.
No credit will be granted for problems that are not completed using Excel, for which your Excel worksheet is not fully functional, or for which you have not shown all of the calculations or other work performed to derive your answer(s). You may refer to the course textbooks, supplemental reading materials, online information, and your own notes in conjunction with completing the homework assignments. Once you have completed the necessary calculations to solve each problem and answer the associated questions, select the hyperlink provided to submit your Excel spreadsheet for grading.