Analyze the marketing and sales portions of the Aircraft Equipment Maker Business Plan (linked in the Resources). Provide suggestions for improvement based on your analysis.
Note: This sample business plan from the Bplans Web site features a fictitious organization called Stretch ‘r Wings. The Stretch ‘r Wings sales approach is described in Sections 5 and 6 of the plan.
Address the following in your analysis:
- Describe the components of the organization’s sales approach.
- Assess the effectiveness of the sales plan for a business in this market, with this marketing mix.
- Describe whether or not you think there is enough detail in the business plan to effectively communicate the organization’s sales approach.
- Assess the management implications of using this sales plan. Explain how this sales plan would affect the implementation of sales strategies in the company.
- Suggest additions and changes to the sales plan to make it more comprehensive and to better communicate the sales approach.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
The following resources are required to complete the assessment.
Access the following resources by clicking the links provided. Please note that URLs change frequently. Permissions for the following links have been either granted or deemed appropriate for educational use at the time of course publication.
- Palo Alto Software. (2013). Aircraft equipment maker business plan: Stretch ‘r Wings. Retrieved from Bplans Web site: http://www.bplans.com/aircraft_equipment_maker_business_plan/executive_summary_fc.cfm
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
Click the links provided to view the following resources:
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course.
- McDonald, M., & Wilson, H. (2011). Marketing plans: How to prepare them, how to use them (7th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Ruff, R., & Spirer, J. E. (2001, September). Give sales force all the research they’ll need to succeed. Marketing News, 35(20), 28–29.
Course Library Guide
A Capella University library guide has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the BUS-FP3030 – Fundamentals of Marketing and Sales Library Guide to help direct your research.
The resources listed below are relevant to the topics and assessments in this course and are not required. Unless noted otherwise, these materials are available for purchase from the Capella University Bookstore. When searching the bookstore, be sure to look for the Course ID with the specific –FP (FlexPath) course designation.
- Lamb, C. W., Hair, J. F., & McDaniel, C. (2018). MKTG 11 (11th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Ries, A., & Trout, J. (1994). The 22 immutable laws of marketing. New York, NY: Harper Business.