19. Which of the following is a manager allowed to do during union-organizing negotiations?
A. Retaliate against employees because of their union activity
B. Request outside union officials to leave the facility
C. Interrogate employees or coerce them with promises if the unionization fails
D. Conduct surveillance on employees to determine the level of union sentiment
End of exam
20. What is meant by allocation of costs?
A. The cost of non-revenue-producing departments is divided up among the revenue-producing departments.
B. The cost of capital expenditures is divided among the various departments within the facility.
C. Before purchasing new equipment, its long-term operating costs must be written into the budget.
D. The equipment used by each department is accounted for in its budget.
Health care organizations closely align their mission statement
and strategic statement to both their internal
organization as well as their marketing approach to the external
market to capture more customers.
This project is designed to help you demonstrate your understanding
of how a health care organization’s mission
statement and strategic statement can be used to target a
specific type of health care customer. This project will also
enhance your writing, research, and critical-thinking skills.
Go to http://lessons.pennfoster.com/pdf/sp0754.pdf and
read the instructions for research projects.
Choose a hospital organization and begin researching
answers to the following questions. Locate answers to the
questions, and then write your findings in your own words.
1. What is the organizational structure of your chosen
organization (board of trustees, corporate, etc.)?
2. What is the mission or strategic statement of your organization?
3. What kind of services does the organization provide
(i.e., what types of surgery or patient care)?
4. Do a SWOT analysis on the organization. What are the
weaknesses and strengths of the organization?
5. Give a brief description of the organization, where it’s
located, when it was founded, whether it’s gotten any
outstanding awards or achievements, etc.
6. Describe the general population surrounding the organization.
You may need to use additional research sources and other
Web sites to complete your project. You must use appropriate
citation throughout your paper, and you must include a reference
page with the project. You can use sites such as the
Census Bureau to answer some of the questions.
1. Type your submission, double-spaced, in a standard
print font, size 12. Use a standard document format with
1-inch margins. (Do not use any fancy or cursive fonts.)
2. Include the following information at the top of your
a. Name and address
b. Student number
c. Course title and number (Health Care Management:
d. Research project number (51681000)
3. Read the assignment carefully and answer each
4. Be specific. Limit your submission to the questions
asked and issues mentioned.
5. Include a reference page that lists Web sites, journals, or
any other references used in preparing the submission.
6. Proofread your work carefully. Check for correct spelling,
grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.