Assessment Cover page Page 1 of 2 Version 1.0 05/18
ASSESSMENT COVER PAGE
STUDENT DETAILS / DECLARATION:
Unit / Subject Name: BSBPMG522 undertake the project work
Trainer’s Name: Assessment No: Task 1, Task 2
I declare that:
o I fully understand the context and purpose of this assessment. o I am fully aware of the competency standard/criteria against which I will be assessed. o I have been given fair notice of the date, time and venue for the assessment. o I am aware of the resources I need and how the assessment will be conducted. o I have had the appeals process and confidentiality explained to me. o I agree that I am ready to be assessed and that all written work is my own. o This assessment is my: o First submission o Re-submission (Attempt ___ )
Student Name: Student ID:
Student’s Signature: Submission Date: / /
ASSESSOR USE ONLY: (ACADEMIC DEPARTMENT)
Assessment task 1: o Satisfactory o Not Satisfactory Assessment task 2: o Satisfactory o Not Satisfactory Final Assessment Result for this unit C / NYC
Feedback: Feedback is given to the student on each Assessment task & final outcome of the unit Yes / No
Date: / /
ASSESSMENT FIRST SUBMISSION/RE-SUBMISSION RECEIPT: It is student’s responsibility to keep the assessment submission receipt as a proof of submission of assessment tasks.
Student Name: Student ID:
Unit / Subject Code: Assessment No:
Trainer Name & Signature:
Date: / /
Assessment Cover page Page 2 of 2 Version 1.0 05/18
This page left blank intentionally
BSBPMG522 Assessment Version 1.1 10/19 Page 1 of 7
Assessment/evidence gathering conditions
Each assessment component is recorded as either Satisfactory (S) or Not Yet Satisfactory (NYS). A student can only achieve
competence when all assessment components listed under procedures and specifications of the assessment section are Satisfactory.
Your trainer will give you feedback after the completion of each assessment. A student who is assessed as NYS is eligible for re-
assessment. Should the student fail to submit the assessment, a result outcome of Did Not Submit (DNS) will be recorded.
Student should be provided with an appropriate time frame in which to resubmit their work, according to the RTO’s re-assessment
policy and procedure.
Plagiarism, cheating and collusion.
Where a trainer/assessor believes there has been an incident of academic misconduct involving plagiarism, cheating, and/or
collusion, they should report this along with reasons for the allegation. Assessors should refer to their RTO’s policy and procedures
regarding training and assessment for further information.”
When all unit’s assessment tasks have been submitted and assessed (including resubmissions), print out a copy of this unit’s Final
Results Record, included as the last page of this document. Record the result for each task and the final result for the unit as C
(Competent) or NYC (Not Yet Competent). There is also space to give the student some written feedback for the overall unit.
Sign and date the middle section, and give the sheet to the student. After discussing their results with them, the student must fill out
and sign the final section of the Record, where they acknowledge the result that you have given them.
When the student has filled out the final section of the Final Results Record, make a copy for them and retain the original with the
Resources required for this Assessment
• All documents must be created using Microsoft Office suites i.e., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Upon completion, submit the assessment printed copy to your trainer along with assessment coversheet.
• Refer the notes on eLearning to answer the tasks
• Any additional material will be provided by Trainer
Instructions for Students
Please read the following instructions carefully
• This assessment is to be completed according to the instructions given by your assessor.
• Students are allowed to take this assessment home.
• Feedback on each task will be provided to enable you to determine how your work could be improved. You will be provided with
feedback on your work within 2 weeks of the assessment due date.
• Should you not answer the questions correctly, you will be given feedback on the results and your gaps in knowledge. You will
be given another opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and skills to be deemed competent for this unit of competency.
• If you are not sure about any aspect of this assessment, please ask for clarification from your assessor.
• Please refer to the College re-assessment and re-enrolment policy for more information.
• Please provide required references of the sources, if you use any information from any sources (such as: learner book, power
point and online resources) to answer the assessment questions and make the required changes to justify that it is your own
BSBPMG522 Assessment Version 1.1 10/19 Page 2 of 7
Please read the following instructions carefully
• Students will be provided feedback on their performance by their Assessor. The feedback will indicate if you have satisfactorily
addressed the requirements of each part of this task.
• If any parts of the task are not satisfactorily completed your assessor will explain why and provide you written feedback along
with guidance on what you must undertake to demonstrate satisfactory performance. Re-assessment attempt/ s will be
arranged at a later time and date.
• Students have the right to appeal the outcome of assessment decisions if they feel they have been dealt with unfairly or have
other appropriate grounds for an appeal.
• Students are encouraged to consult with their assessor prior to attempting this task if they do not understand any part of this
task or if they have any learning issues or needs that may hinder them when attempting any part of the assessment.
• Please see Student Assessment, Reassessment and Repeating Unit of Competency Guidelines v1.1 for more detail.
BSBPMG522 Assessment Version 1.1 10/19 Page 3 of 7
Assessment Task 1
• For this task you are required to answer a wide range of questions with which to assess your
underpinning knowledge for undertaking project work.
• Read all written questions provided carefully.
• Conduct necessary research. Your lecture notes, online resources and workbook may also assist
you to complete this assessment.
• Provide written responses to all questions.
• Submit your assessment to your assessor by the due week.
• Access to textbooks/other learning materials
• Computer and Microsoft Office
• Access to the internet
Write a report detailing the marketing communications industry and how it impacts on current business
activities. This should include the following:
1. What types of documents and information you need to clarify the scope of your project?
2. Risk assessment of your project/s is a necessary part of a project. How you identify the risk for
3. How will you set below process and procedures to manage your project?
4. Lines of authority and approvals
a) Quality assurance
b) Human Resources
c) Budgets and finance
d) Record keeping and reporting
5. What are the legislative and regulatory expectations in respect of your project in Australia?
6. What is ‘project scope’?
7. Who are ‘project stakeholders’?
8. Why it is important to consult with stakeholders when preparing a project plan. Provide at least
four areas for consultation.
9. Why do you need their clarification and confirmation of project scope elements?
BSBPMG522 Assessment Version 1.1 10/19 Page 4 of 7
10. If it is necessary for you as project manager to define and affirm your line of reporting and
responsibilities, who should confirm this?
11. What are three questions you can ask when identifying interrelated projects within an
12. There are many types of resources required when proceeding with a project. List three common
13. How do you develop plan in line with project parameters?
14. What are the appropriate project management tools? List four of them and explain each.
15. Why considering risk in your project is important and why it is relevant to Work, Health Safety
requirements in Australia?
16. How do you develop a project budget?
17. Who do you consult with in developing and confirming your project plans?
18. How do you finalise the completed plan? Who should approve it?
19. How do you allocate activities to the team members?
20. After allocating the roles and responsibilities to team members, how do you support them to
achieve their activities?
21. What monitoring plans you put in action?