You are currently working as a pathologist (study of infectious disease) and you are given a bacterial sample that needs to be identified. All you know about the bacteria is people experience fever, chills, and skin pustules. You need to conduct test in order to help in identification of the bacteria, the morphology and how to treat the bacteria. Using information we have gone over in class and in lab please answer the following:
1. What types of test would you help in detecting what type of bacteria this is? (Please discuss 3 ways to do this, you may use specific media but that will only be counted as 1 example)
2. How would you test this bacterium with live organisms? What would you want to observe? If you see different signs as compared to human patients such as loss of hair or organ damage how would you explain this?
3. What types of test would you conduct to help treat against this bacterial disease? (Please discuss 3 different ways)
4. What types of products such as toxins could this bacterium produce to give such signs and symptoms. What other signs or symptoms could this bacteria cause?
5. How would you treat human patients and how could the treatment be effective? (Please discuss 2 treatments)
Your work will be graded upon how detailed and creative your answers are. Expand on your thoughts.