[INSERT TITLE HERE] 1
Running head: [INSERT TITLE HERE]
[INSERT TITLE HERE]
Allied American University
This paper was prepared for [INSERT COURSE NAME], [INSERT COURSE ASSIGNMENT] taught by [INSERT INSTRUCTOR’S NAME].
PART I: Short Response Questions
Directions: Using proper APA format, please write a response to each of the following questions that is two to three paragraphs in length. Please visit the Academic Resource Center (ARC) for concise APA guidelines.
1. Explain what is meant by tissue typing? Why has this become so important in recent years?
2. Define organ and organ system.
3. What are some of the differences between the lymphatic and cardiovascular systems?
4. Explain the difference between the nervous and endocrine systems. Include what types of functions are regulated and the “message carriers” for each system.
5. What is the difference between an epidemic and a pandemic? What factor makes pandemics increasingly common in modern times?
6. Briefly describe a bacterium. List the ways in which bacteria produce disease.
7. Explain the difference in function between an antibiotic and a vaccine.
PART II: Case Study
Directions: Please answer each of the case study questions below. Ensure that your responses are detailed and that each response is at least one half of a page to one page in length. Please use proper APA format. If necessary, please cite any sources. You may also utilize LIRN for your research. Please visit the Academic Resource Center (ARC) for concise APA and LIRN guidelines.
1. Would it be an advantage or disadvantage if tendons and ligaments had a large amount of elastic (stretchy) fibers? Explain.
2. Roger lost one of his kidneys due to an accident as a child. His doctor has advised him to avoid contact sports. Why did the doctor recommend this? What are the advantages of having two kidneys?
3. Deborah was studying world events in school. As she studied the events surrounding the anthrax scare in the United States during the early years of the 21st century, several questions came to mind. Why isn’t anthrax easily destroyed? If it is a bacterium, why isn’t it easily treated with antibiotics? Is there a vaccine? If so, why don’t we vaccinate everyone?
4. What would happen in the human body if there were no lymphatic system?