CIRCULATION REVIEW ANATOMY II
1. Which artery is associated with the sternocleidomastoid muscle?
2. In deep venous return of the upper extremity, the vein returning blood on the lateral side of the forearm is
3. The medial boundary of the femoral triangle is formed by the
4. The artery that passes through the inguinal ligament is
5. Which vessel is a continuation of the anterior tibial artery?
6. Which cavity does the hypogastric artery supply?
7. The first branch of the arch of the aorta is
8. The ophthalmic artery is a branch of the
9. The femoral artery, while in the femoral triangle, is bounded laterally by the
10. Vessels that carry blood toward the heart are called
11. The cystic artery supplies blood to the
12. Hunter’s Canal is also called
13. The brachial artery is a continuation of the
14. The vessel that supplies the tongue is called the
15. Where does the left common carotid artery originate (not looking for a vessel)
16. Which vein collects blood from the deep structures of the brain?
17. In which heart chamber does pulmonary circulation begin?
18. Which artery passes through Hunter’s Canal?
19. Which artery begins at the opening of the adductor magnus muscle?
20. How many left bronchial arteries are there?
21. Which vessel supplies the distal 1/2 of the large intestines?
22. Which vessels supply the superior aspect of the diaphragm?
23. The external iliac vein arises as a continuation of the
24. The maxillary artery is a branch of the
25. Which vessels supply the glands that are situated on top of the kidneys?
26. The second branch of the aortic arch is
27. The vessel that supplies the sacrum and coccyx is called
28. In relation to the internal jugular vein, the common carotid artery lies (give 2 answers)
29. Which artery begins at the inferior border of the teres major muscle?
30. The posterior facial vein and the posterior auricle vein unite and form the
31. Which vessels extend to the level of the superior border of the thyroid cartilage?
32. The external iliac artery continues as the
33. Where does the portal system terminate?
34. Which artery terminates at the opening of the adductor magnus muscle?
35. Which vessel supplies the liver?
36. In superficial venous return of the upper extremity, the vein on the medial side of the forearm is
37. The vertebral arteries arise from the
38. The internal carotid artery is the main blood supply to the
39. The artery that supplies the anterior portion of the heart
40. Which artery begins at a point behind the center of the inguinal ligament?
41. The right common carotid artery branches from the
42. The small saphenous vein is a tributary to the
43. The left ovarian vein is a tributary to the
44. The superficial vein of the medial side of the lower extremity is called
45. The external jugular vein terminates by emptying into the
46. The basilar artery bifurcates into the
47. The internal iliac artery supplies the organs of this cavity
48. The lateral boundary of the anterior cervical is formed by the
49. The hepatic vein is a tributary to the
50. What type of blood do the pulmonary arteries carry?
51. Which vessel is formed by the union of the internal jugular vein and subclavian vein?
52. The cephalic vein is a tributary to the
53. The terminal branches of the abdominal aorta are
54. Which artery begins at the lateral border of the first rib?
55.Which artery terminates at the inferior border of the popliteus muscle?
56.> Name the branches of the posterior tibial artery
59. > Name the 3 branches of the celiac artery
61. Which vessels deliver nourishment to the lungs?
62. Which vessel terminates at the lateral border of the first rib?
63. This anatomical landmark starts at the apex of Scarpa’s triangle
64. These vessels supply the outer layer of the heart
65. Which artery terminates at the inferior border of the teres major muscle?
66. When the basilic vein meets the brachial vein they form the?
67.> The terminal branches of the common carotid arteries are the
69. In relation to the trachea, the aortic arch lies
70. Which vessels supply the posterior portion of the scalp?
71. This vessel is located just behind the medial border of the coracobrachialis muscle (you may not know this, it’s and anatomical guide you can get the answer from the Embalming Text)
72. Which vessel supplies the inferior portion of the thyroid gland?
73. Which vessel connects the right and left anterior cerebral arteries?
74. The superior mesenteric vein and the splenic vein form the
75. Which vessel is a continuation of the femoral artery?
76. The right common carotid artery originates from (not looking for a vessel)
77. If you make an incision along the inferior border of the mandible, which vessels would you raise (you can get this answer from the Embalming Text)
78. Which vessel terminates at a point over the pisiform bone?
79. The vertebral arteries unite to form the
80. What is the venae comite to the brachial artery? (you can get this from the Embalming Text)
81. The anatomical guide for this vessel is along the medial border of the psoas major muscle (you can get this from the Embalming text)
82. In relation to the femoral artery, the femoral vein lies (give 2 answers)
83. The gastroduodenal vein is a tributary to
85.> Name the three unpaired visceral branches of the abdominal aorta