BIO 102 Lab 05: Skeleton and Muscles
To submit, print this document, complete all lab activities and answer all questions, scan your lab pages using the free phone app AdobeScan, and upload your PDF to Canvas.
Use the internet & your textbook to answer the questions in this lab.
1. Draw a line to and label the parts of the long bone below.
2. Use the internet to label the parts of the skull. Label only the following bones of the human skull: Frontal, Parietal, Sphenoid, Temporal, Maxilla, Mandible, Occipital, & Zygomatic bones
3. Use https://www.britannica.com/science/human-skeleton or another website to label the parts of the skeleton. Label the following bones of the human body: Clavicle, Femur, Fibula, Humerus, Patella, Phalanges, Radius, Sacrum, Scapula, Tibia, Ulna.
4. Use the internet to label the following muscles on this & the next (you only have to label them on one of the images): Biceps brachii, Deltoid, Gluteus maximus, Orbicularis oculi, Orbicularis oris, Rectus abdominis, Rectus femoris, Sartorius, Tibialis anterior, Triceps brachii, Trapezius
5. Use the internet to describe the action of each of the following muscles.
Biceps brachii —–
Quadriceps femoris group —–
Triceps brachii —–
Gluteus maximus —–
Hamstring group —–
6. Provide the antagonistic muscle pair for the following muscles using the internet.
The Biceps brachii of the forearm ——-
The trapezius of the head ——-
The iliopsoas of the thigh ——–
The hamstring group of the leg ——–
7. Contrast the following types of joint movements.
Flexion and Extension:
Adduction and Abduction:
Rotation and Circumduction:
Inversion and Eversion
8. In the box below, draw a sarcomere using https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcomere Do NOT copy & paste an image, it must be your own drawing (you can draw it out on another page & attach an image taken by your cell phone
BIO 102 Lab 06: Skeleton and Muscles