1. Practitioners that have specialized training in the musculoskeletal system are called
A. occupational therapists.
B. physical therapists.
C. rehabilitation specialists.
2. The Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 was mandated under the
A. Office of the Inspector General.
B. American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
C. Medicare Act of 1965.
D. Affordable Care Act (ACA).
7. Heat, water, sound, and ultrasound procedures are often administered by
A. dental assistants.
B. nurses aides.
C. medical assistants.
D. physical therapy aides.
8. What term is used to refer to the process of communicating with people from different health care backgrounds?
A. Professional coarctation
B. Interprofessional or interdisciplinary collaboration
C. Health care interdisciplinary communication
D. Peer-to-peer review
10. Which one of the following statements indicates that an individual understands how health insurance coverage works?
A. “Because of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), I don’t need to apply for health care insurance.”
B. “Because I work in a hospital, I’m eligible for Medicaid coverage.”
C. “Because I’m 60 years old, I can get Medicare coverage.”
D. “Because my father served in the military, I’m eligible for TRICARE insurance.”
12. Identifying key beliefs and cultures is a/an
A. professional characteristic of a health care worker.
B. element of becoming culturally sensitive.
C. component of nursing treatment in the ICU.
D. necessary for the administration of religious rites.
18. What is the purpose of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)?
A. To determine the scope of practice for health care workers
B. To protect doctors against malpractice suits
C. To protect and enhance the privacy of the patient
D. To ensure health care workers’ safety on the job
19. Which one of the following statements about the responsibilities of medical billers and coders is correct?
A. They use three code sets: ICD, CPT, and HCPCS.
B. They play a minor role in health care reimbursement.
C. They create documentation required for reimbursement from only third-party payers.
D. They should not examine patient records.
20. Which one of the following health care workers would be employed to provide services at a rehabilitation center?
A. Louisa, a medical coder
B. Maria, a speech pathology assistant
C. Patrick, a pharmacy technician
D. Jim, a health information manager